It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EPA: Greenhouse Gases Hazardous to Your Health

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Source

The so-called endangerment finding was announced by Lisa P. Jackson, the administrator of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency at an afternoon press conference. It could signal a possible first step by the EPA to regulate greenhouse gases under the Clean Air Act. But Jackson said the agency would prefer that Congress pass legislation that would limit production of the pollutants.

This finding means the Obama administration is prepared to act to limit global warming without Congressional support.

The endangerment finding comes after a 2007 U.S. Supreme Court ruling that said such a finding was necessary before the EPA could use the federal Clean Air Act to regulate carbon dioxide and five other greenhouse gases from power plants, factories and automobiles, Jackson said.

Sounds like there is some sort of hidden agenda here, maybe having to do with wanting more greenhouse gas regulated. I guess more regulation=more power, more power=more money...

I wouldn't be surprised if instead TPTB use this to extort $$$ from those power plants and factories, and why not throw in a new taxation for the economical carbon dioxide pollution yearly?

*By the way, I'm aware of the other thread regarding a similar article as this one, but the facts in this article are focused on other subjects so I thought I'd share.

[edit on 8-12-2009 by highlyoriginal]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by highlyoriginal

Source

The so-called endangerment finding was announced by Lisa P. Jackson, the administrator of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency at an afternoon press conference. It could signal a possible first step by the EPA to regulate greenhouse gases under the Clean Air Act. But Jackson said the agency would prefer that Congress pass legislation that would limit production of the pollutants.

This finding means the Obama administration is prepared to act to limit global warming without Congressional support.

The endangerment finding comes after a 2007 U.S. Supreme Court ruling that said such a finding was necessary before the EPA could use the federal Clean Air Act to regulate carbon dioxide and five other greenhouse gases from power plants, factories and automobiles, Jackson said.

Sounds like there is some sort of hidden agenda here, maybe having to do with wanting more greenhouse gas regulated. I guess more regulation=more power, more power=more money...

I wouldn't be surprised if instead TPTB use this to extort $$$ from those power plants and factories, and why not throw in a new taxation for the economical carbon dioxide pollution yearly?

*By the way, I'm aware of the other thread regarding a similar article as this one, but the facts in this article are focused on other subjects so I thought I'd share.
I just made a thread about this one, EPA is telling us not to breathe because we are posioning the planet, even Trees are in trouble for this.

I swear: IF I HEAR ONE MORE GLBOAL WARMING AGENDA AGAIN, I WOULD.........

.....*BREATHE IN*...*BREATHE OUT*....

uh-oh..did I just breathe?!

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by IceDash

My bad, I saw the thread but I thought you were focusing on a different point than I, mods feel free to delete if you deem it necessary.

[edit on 8-12-2009 by highlyoriginal]

join