It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What should mankind strive for?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
To realize one's own enlightnment and in the process become godhood(divine wisdom).

What are your striving for...money, fame, love or that which transcends all these but yet is not separated from the whole?

[edit on 5-12-2009 by Hemlocks]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Hemlocks

Money and fame are what everyone strives for. Few succeed.

As I believe what all men should look for, is Love.
Reasoning: In my life, I am striving for LOVE. Un-bridled, self-less, compassionate LOVE. Although, I am searching for the human form of LOVE, as it seems that I can't find decent people around my area with any compassion for others at all. Seems all they care about is themselves. ADD: I don't want a relationship style of love, that's different to me.

The endless search...I am probably looking for the "pot-of-gold".

[edit on 5-12-2009 by havok]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Happiness, nothing more and nothing less. We are all just trying to figure out how to get to that happy place, some succeed and some fail miserably but that's the way the cookie crumbles i guess.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
For me Im not all that intrested in money, dont get me wrong if I won the lottery I would be very happy though lol.

I just want to have enough to live comfortable and for me and my new wife to be able to have a family.

Family is what is important to me and so long as I can provide for that family I will be happy.

I hope in trying to live my life in a good way and try to do at least one good thing for a stranger every day (like say letting someone out at a juntion etc) that it would spread. Hopefully that stranger would do the same for someone else and eventually we would have a better world.

Maybe its a bit idealistic but I will always have hope that this can come to pass and if not I can at least strive to make sure me and my family have a better world for ourselves, at the very least.

Peace

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Established universal knowledge/Ideology and globalization. The complete fall of religion and the rising of The Law of One teachings.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Happiness, Happiness is what we all should strive for in our lives. You don't have to be rich or poor, as long as your content and happy. Also think we should strive to explore space and our own time (history, not MSM history). We are a people that if we truly knew what has happened to us then we would focus our energy to building our civilization into another golden age.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Mankind should stive for unity,awareness, acceptance, love, and enlightenment, which means no one party/person/or body should have power, it should be all working for the good of all, a compromise with everyone in agreement. More like it was before the rise of government bodies. JMO. But, I think it's a good one. Maybe I am just dreaming.:/

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
World peace is what we should strive for, because peace brings hapiness. Happiness brings love, and love brings new life into existence.

top topics

join