It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colorado cops say Tasered 10-year-old boy was 'out of control'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Colorado cops say Tasered 10-year-old boy was 'out of control'

rawstory.com

For at least the second time in three weeks, police officers have shocked an unruly 10-year-old child, and, once again, the child's adult guardians are supporting the move.

Sheriff's deputies in Pueblo, Colorado, Tasered a 10-year-old boy after arriving at the child's home Monday evening, after the boy had threatened them with a stick and a length of pipe. As of Thursday evening, the boy remained in a youth jail,
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
My search button has not worked for some time now so if this story has already been posted I am sorry .

Am I the only one that seems to think that there are to many abuses by means of a Taser by law enforcement officers ?

Is it ok for police officers to taser a 10 year old because they are , to afraid ? to disarm the kid ?

And whats up with the " second time in three weeks " bit ? Has the world gone mad ?

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
What happened to the days when a LEO could apprehend a 10 year old child? I had one or two incidents in my youth where I was apprehended easily.

Oh well, it can only get so bad until it can't get much worse, in which case I think nature will balance itself out. I guess all one can do is do good, listen to your conscience, and live a life you can be proud of.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
So we can't smack our kids...but we can call the cops and have them tasered????
...... yeah that makes sense

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by wycky

It's called conditioning. Under the guise of technological advancements, harsher police tactics emerge.

It's not o.k. for you to lay a spanking hand or a scolding word on your child. It is only o.k. to call the police and let the goverment soldiers do far worse. To their bodies, and their psyche.

You might not believe that this type of indoctrination is acceptable, but in ten years, those children will.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
What gets me is that they said the guardians (was these people the kids parents or foster home) said it was okay. Either these parents are sadomasochists or this kid or kids aren't genetically theirs. It's real easy for a selfish parent to allow harm happen to anothers kid, but if it's theirs they usually get crazy. I wonder if they will think it's okay the next time the cops are called and they zap him and instead of getting up and going to jail the kid is killed and going to the morgue. Our country is a mad house and a police state.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienChaser

If the parents bought a tazer and tazered their own child for misbehaving; they would be charged for felony child abuse.

LEOs tazer the kid and it's standard operating procedure.

God help us.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
It really makes you wonder..How low will they go?

When does a child holding a stick and a length of pipe become too young for the Taser and instead of the Taser, require that good old fashion hand to hand disarming?

Seven years of age, six years of age, pre kindergarten?

The bottom line is our police force has grown ultra lazy and reliant on their Taser.

Let even their top dog officer get into a hand to hand scuffle these days and they usually can barely manage a crackhead off the streets.

First sign of trouble Taser them, if that doesn't work, shoot to kill. This is their SOP. The days of cops using their heads to solve problems are long gone.

Needless to say the "Cop lovers" will surely show up here arguing that this ten year old boy deserved what he got and that one cop, much less a group of them, was unable to disarm him with out risking serious injury to himself or them.

Nonsense.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
If you tazer a cop you'd get charged with Assault with a Deadly Weapon.

But I was told to think they aren't deadly...

...I bet Tazer International would even provide for the defense.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Being discussed here
already, sad sad and sad this is becoming all to common.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Definately the cops were being lazy. In the academy they are trained to overcome someone who has an object in their hands yet they thought it would be easier to just use the tazer.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Well what the hell would you guys do if that maniac is coming at you with his freakishly miniature physique....... probably wielding some type of plastic hammer he stole from a construction playset while in a crystal meth induced rampage ???

.... what would you do indeed !!!!

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Whatever happened to a clip across the ears and a few harsh words? The boy was 10 YEARS OLD for crying out loud.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.

Thank you

-thread closed-

new topics

top topics

join