It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA scientists: colony of fossil bacteria in Martian meteorite in Britain

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
The JPL site of information and links relating to Mars Meteorites. Lots of interesting stuff here.

Link to the info.

Here is some info on the discovery of the "birthplace" of the Antarctica meteorite, ALH84001 that may contain fossil evidence. They apparently were able to locate its origin on mars. This one came down 17 million years ago.

Link to the article on ALH84001.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Thank you foryour support Blaine.

I'm totally agree whit you.

These strange coincidences about the News of "Life on Mars" trough the meteorites in my opinion is the first timid step, but necessary, before disclosure.
But This is like a slanted plan: once that the "ball of the truth" begins to roll it acquires always greater speed and can not it arrest no more...

[edit on 3-12-2009 by Imagir]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Why is it when something real comes along to add to the debate, there is such little interest? Makes one wonder about the motives? If NASA proves life on Mars will the debate change and everyone switch sides just because the proof came from NASA, the most likely to make such a find?

Because not everyone knows what to say now, for years there has been the question of life on other Planets, and many people denied the possibility, believing the Earth was the only place in the Universe, or at the very least in the Solar system which supported life.

But now evidence is emerging which soon will put the matter beyond doubt, some cant take that, especially when you believe the consensus is, that all life here on Earth evolved from single cell life, so we are meant to believe anyhow.

So if life on Earth came from life smaller than this, then the possibility arises that it also evolved on Mars. who knows maybe to a level up to and beyond our own, perhaps we moved here from Mars, who knows?

But you will see a shift from the stance of, life anywhere but Earth is impossible, to that was not the kind of life I was talking about.

If life existed all those billions or millions of years ago, and there is standing water on Mars, then you can bet your life, that there is still some form of living organism on the red planet right now, and if it is there, it is other places, maybe even everywhere.

My feeling is we are about to get a real life lesson on how small a part we actually play in the Universe, a lesson which could bring us back to some kind of modesty, which IMO can only serve to benefit Mankind.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imagir
And it is really strange that in the same week, after ALH84001, now the News about fossilized bacteria in the Egyptian meteorite.

Actually, it is not strange at all. Consider the fact that these articles come to light a month or more after the initial events happen (such as a reconsideration of the status of a bump in the rock). While journalists are busy writing, other scientists are saying "hmm, based on what my friend at NASA just told me, perhaps we should look at those bumpy rocks in the closet". Things just snowball from there.

As for Phage's persistant questioning of sources and calls to wait for more evidence, I cannot blame him at all. I certainly don't want to get my hopes up. I will wait for the definitive "yes, this was life, see the wierd virus looking thing attached to the wierd bacteria looking thing" announcement from NASA. In the meantime, we keep looking for more stuff.

[edit on 12-3-2009 by rogerstigers]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I'm with Phage on this one...

It's all a little too vague for me. I want definitive sources.

Of course, it's interesting to say the least, but I'm remaining skeptical until someone at NASA actually confirms it.

Also, Phage, with all due respect, if I were you I wouldn't take offense to anything certain individuals on here have to say, as in the end it is pretty obvious you're one of a handful of people on this site who put their brain to good use! So, whatever it is you do, keep it up!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join