It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insert witty title here.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I'll start this off by saying that I don't post many details about my self, when they directly relate to me. I can tell you what state I live in, my experiences, general age and such - but I'll never put out 'vital' info on my self. Paranoia and such.

I go by Lysander - which some of you may recognize as a Spartan general.
I am male. I am between the ages of 20 and 30. I live in south Florida. I do not drink or use any form of drug - unless it is over the counter stuff for pain. I do not follow any mainstream or organized religion. My love life is 'pure' yet uneventful. Spending it with a strictly Mormon woman will do that, heh.

I found out about this place while following random links on Google, when I was reading up on a topic a friend and I had discussed the night before last and was looking for more information (on mirrors being gateways and all that jazz. ) I used to lurk the *Chan's /x/ (paranormal) sections every now in then - but as it was mostly spam and obvious trolling, I decided it was time to move on.

I am the type of person who will out-right deny the existance of something upon first hearing of it, but then be plagued by thoughts and paranoia of the subject for some time - usually resulting in being some form of skeptical believer.

The stuff I enjoy the most - currently - are urban legend based phenomena, or things that seem to be fictitious but have roots in past events (Take the Slender Man stories for instance. While the character is a creation of some bored imaginative person's thoughts - that character has many roots in other cultures and myths.)

Other subjects I enjoy are the development of 'paranormal weapons' such as governments using alien and supernatural technology as weapons. (Think Men in Black weapons, or the government harnessing demons and such.). Time travel via mundane practices (meditation and the like.) Anything involving zombies (From the Voodoo zombies to the 'Rage virus' pseudo-zombies ). And alternate planes - whether it be through the 'mirror portal' theory, or travel through worm-holes exposing new alternate worlds, or anything in between - it interests me.

As a side note - when I read the 'Please avoid' section under this - I smiled. I'm not a 'grammar Nazi' per-say, but, I can't stand 'chat speak' in intellectual (Even if it's just an attempt at it) conversation. The occasional 'lol' or what ever I don't have a problem with, but stuff like : "h1 d0od, how r u 2day? im doin gud,lolol" makes me want to beat people with a dictionary or a 5th grade English text book.

Any way, I'll wrap this up, I'm going to go lurk around a bit.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by LysanderFPX

Welcome to the insanity that is ATS you'll find a lot of us share your interest too...
By the way if you looking for a catchy "Insert witty title here." try Jimmy Hoffa Lives in my basement... don't explain it... just let people wonder

[edit on 2-12-2009 by DaddyBare]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Heh, I'll use it next time.

I was thinking by not posting a title, and instead using a witty line for not having a title, I would be double witty. Though, I assume that can be annoying after a while - it is a good way to get people to look at a topic

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Good intro mate enjoy the madhouse, take care though as some of the inmates bite

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by On the level
Good intro mate enjoy the madhouse, take care though as some of the inmates bite

I'll make sure to fit 'em all with Hannibal-esque anti-bite-masks!

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Pshh everyone knows the only real zombies were engineered by Umbrella Corporation using the T-virus... all that rage virus stuff is false. Also you can only carry 6 items at a time.

You sound very interesting is it true that Florida is all old people?

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ridhya
Pshh everyone knows the only real zombies were engineered by Umbrella Corporation using the T-virus... all that rage virus stuff is false. Also you can only carry 6 items at a time.

You sound very interesting is it true that Florida is all old people?

The T-Virus was all just a cover up so that they had time to hide their large Hydroponics operation. The Spaniards didn't get the memo - which is why Leon was finding all those 'medical herbs' all over that village and castle.

Any way, nope. While it's Canadian season right now, and we have loads of fatter old men in Speed-o's, we also have a large population of 'emo' and 'gangster' kids. Also, I think the stereotype has changed. It's no longer 'All old people' but 'all hispanics' now. It's funny - when I moved in to my current neighborhood it was predominately white. Now it's about 80% hispaic - of all ages. Not bitching though - you can get some pretty bad ass food down here.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Ya know since you brought up the subject of "Hannibal-esque"

I think there should be a law requiring all Missionaries attempting to convert cannibals... to have a nutrition label tattooed to their butts!

some of those old preachers just have to be high in those nasty trans-fats ya know

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
Ya know since you brought up the subject of "Hannibal-esque"

I think there should be a law requiring all Missionaries attempting to convert cannibals... to have a nutrition label tattooed to their butts!

some of those old preachers just have to be high in those nasty trans-fats ya know

Oooh, could make them blank template tattoos with spots to fill in the current values with a sharpie!

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Overly paranoid person and fellow Floridian here.
Welcome to Ats. Have fun, enjoy what you read.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by rhiannonslair

Overly paranoid person and fellow Floridian here.
Welcome to Ats. Have fun, enjoy what you read.

I'll try! I can find most of the content here entertaining - even the stuff proven to be hoax and such. ....what am I saying - some of that's the most exciting - seeing how people debunk it. (last thing I was reading before responding to this was the 'demon/alien in the tv' being Mumm Ra from Thundercats photoshopped in.)

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

For a guy who didn't want to give too many details, you had a lot to say.

I consider myself a concerned skeptic...though I draw the line at zombies. And reptilians.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
Welcome to ATS!

For a guy who didn't want to give too many details, you had a lot to say.

I consider myself a concerned skeptic...though I draw the line at zombies. And reptilians.

I have a way of turning very few details in to a lot of words. I blame forum based Role Play. Also, you'll notice I didn't give anything out to specifically pinpoint who I am, even the information on my profile.

As for the zombies - Personally, I think it would be possible for something such as what was shown in 28 Days/Weeks later to happen to some extent. While World War Z was a great book - I don't see that happening.

Reptilians do exist, by the way. They are sex crazed variants of Furries. I have proof as well! (Slightly NSFW, depending on your standards. )

Edit ::: Seems it was a bit too NSFW, and got removed.

[mod edit: image link removed]

[edit on 2-12-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

[edit on 2-12-2009 by LysanderFPX]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

since your into the more para then normal go check out my latest post
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 2-12-2009 by DaddyBare]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   

LOL! Yeah you are officially one of my favourite people on here now. I thought it was funny they never show how they ingest the herbs... I knew Chris carried a lighter for a reason!

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Ridhya

Well, I for one know... It involved a grinder, and a pipe or some wraps.
How else do you think they were never scared #less of the zombies?
They probably weren't thinking about 'em... more like "I wonder if there's a bag of Funyuns in that cabinet.. I'd check, but this asshole won't sod off!"

But in all seriousness, I was more of a Silent Hill fan

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Haha, there is nothing of use there is nothing of use. Check again need more!

I did not get into silent hill really only ones I played were with my friend, the one with pyramid head and the one where you start in a box beating these creepy cat-things with a pipe.

I never had video games when I was little, had an N64 way too late, but my friend got me in to Resident Evils and I had to get a gamecube, RE1 is the only thing I have actually been terrified of in my life, those crimson heads...

Zombies are just so fun because they have no remorse killing them. I did not like RE4 or 5, like they are fun, but storyline is so terrible and these alien plague things... just not the same.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Gameplay wise, 4 was my favorite. Haven't played 5 yet. The rest... those damn dogs.... Nightmares.

With Silent Hill, I just liked the atmosphere and general idea of it. A lot of the aspects of the game sucked. But, I liked what they were attempting to do.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
If you havent played #2 do it!! By far the best one, and only one I have actually beat. RE1 (Gamecube one not playstation one) is the scariest thing ever made, play if you are constipated haha...

Silent Hill definitely has the creepiest atmosphere but I remember you could pretty much just run past everything. You are right with a bit of a tune up it would be amazing!

Apparently there is a new silent hill coming out for wii!

new topics

top topics

join