It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Medical Marijuana in Australia

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

I call you incorrect as it is not my apitite, it is in fact the intestinal lining,

war-on-drugs.suite101.com...

www.sciencedirect.com... &_orig=article&_acct=C000050221&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=f777eb32b224618ac88fef8c5e8dca5e

The fact that marijuana delivers anti-spasmodic properties when smoked makes it extremely valuable for those people affected by the “wasting syndrome.” This syndrome, often associated with the side effects of cancer and AIDS, prevents people from swallowing much need medication. THC relaxes the muscles of the stomach and intestines and stimulates the blood-sugar balance to promote appetite and digestion. Mary Jane’s therapeutic properties­–anti-bacterial and anti-biotic

Emerging evidence suggests that cannabinoids may exert beneficial effects in intestinal inflammation and cancer. Adaptive changes of the endocannabinoid system have been observed in intestinal biopsies from patients with inflammatory bowel disease and colon cancer. Studies on epithelial cells have shown that cannabinoids exert antiproliferative, antimetastatic and apoptotic effects as well as reducing cytokine release and promoting wound healing. In vivo, cannabinoids – via direct or indirect activation of CB1 and/or CB2 receptors – exert protective effects in well-established models of intestinal inflammation and colon cancer. Pharmacological elevation of endocannabinoid levels may be a promising strategy to counteract intestinal inflammation and colon cancer.

My Problem is I get intestinal inflammation from this, and I have had 6 tumours cut out. This works better than anything, I cant take parecetamol, or ibprofen, or other anti-inflammation drugs as I am a celiac which those drugs can interact badly, once I crapped out flesh and skin from 1 paracetamol tablet and was vomiting for 5 days straight.

I dont care if you dont beleive this or my personal story, but this is the sort of information which doesnt make it to the Australian public

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   
plus I thought you'd be smart enough to figure out I'd be smart enough already to be on a gluten free diet. ITS NOT JUST A GLUTEN ALLERGY

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties
reply to post by ilandrah

Having said all that, I do recognise (with a shudder) that our Aussie government seems to like copying whatever the US government does, ready and willing to do its bidding. If a major shift in drug policy happened at the Federal level in the US, I believe Australia (and maybe the UK) will soon follow.

Well, you'd be right...or at least might be right

Liberal MP to push for medical marijuana
Read more at
www.9news.com.au....

In saying that, it's only one MP and it's only a draft which means there's still a long way to go!

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Lavey2

The sad fact is that there are virtually no scientific studies in the efficacy of marijuana's compounds in treating many diseases, due to closed-mindedness in the past, so this may be why it may take a very long time for it to become available everywhere.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
The reason most of the world has strict laws against cannabis is due to treaties with US or the UN. Basically the US has told the world if you want our US aid then you will make Marijuana illegal. Recently Portugal legalized drugs despite the threatening of the US to cut any and all aid.
a reply to: Lavey2

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join