It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It Stalks by Night - My First (Very) Short Story!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Thud...Was that it?

I'm sure I heard it. I turn my head and listen, with closed eyes and held breath. Was that it? Yes, I'm positive now. The rhythmic pounding of its movement comes and goes, intermittently registering in my ears.

Thud, thud, thud.

I can feel a cold sweat forming on my brow, my warm breath now blows hard and fast into the night air.

What can I do? Shall I run and hide or turn and confront my foe. Should I just lay here and let it stalk me, find me and finish with me?

Thud.

Nearer, closer than before.

Thud, thud.

It's unmistakeable now, the sound of Death pulling me in, closing the distance between my life and mortality.

It moves at night. When the dark has enveloped me and I'm at my most vulnerable, it makes its move. I lay here in my bed, alive but not living, sleeping but not dead.

Thud, thud, thud, thud.

When I hold my breath it quickens its pace, intensifying its pursuit of me.

Thud, thud, thud, thud, thud.

When will I succumb to it?

Thud.

How many steps until it has me in its icy grasp?

Thud, thud.

I have no idea, but every night I hear my heart beating..THUD...THUD...and I know it isn't my heart, but the footsteps of DEATH getting closer and closer. Clothed in black and a giant to my mind's eye, it travels by night. Each footstep that fills the night with a THUD corresponds to a beat in my chest. Not just heard but felt in my soul.

Thud.

There is no escape, no solace from this twisted game of cat and mouse. We are all being hunted, from the moment we take our first breath every living person is in the fight for their life.

Thud.

Remember friends, it hunts by night, it stalks by night.

The next time you think you're safe in your bed, warm and secure, just hold your breath and listen to the beat. THUD THUD THUD, and you too will know that Death is stalking you by night.

All the best, Kiwifoot!

[edit on 28-11-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Creepy! :O And yet so, um, true to life? Yes, yes I think so. Nice effort, and for your first- well, first that you've posted for our enjoyment- it's very slick
I wrote something similar a while back called 'Drumming' and I was going to post it eventually. I will do!

But yeah you should keep it up, even if it was a one off moment of indulgence; cause it's good
and thankyou, all the best to yourself.

Ramadwarf on pyschological shorts

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ramadwarf Philes
Creepy! :O And yet so, um, true to life? Yes, yes I think so. Nice effort, and for your first- well, first that you've posted for our enjoyment- it's very slick
I wrote something similar a while back called 'Drumming' and I was going to post it eventually. I will do!

But yeah you should keep it up, even if it was a one off moment of indulgence; cause it's good
and thankyou, all the best to yourself.

Ramadwarf on pyschological shorts

Thanks a heap, you've made my day!

When I was a kid I used to hear my heartbeat sometimes at night, you know when playing under my covers or pillow, and its a bit freaky for a kid but I used to imagine it was someone running!

Hm maybe time to see a shrink lol!

But thank you for your comments, gives me a bit of encouragement to do some more!

Much appreciated, kiwifoot!

join