It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Confused American Consumer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   

The unsettled state of the U.S. economy, with a 26-year high in unemployment and tighter access to credit, has industry holiday sales forecasts varying from a decline of 3 percent to an increase of 2 percent.

"The consumer is confused. They don't know whether to spend or not," said Marshal Cohen, senior analyst at retail consultant NPD Group.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Uh, what?! People are confused whether they should spend or not?
How about getting their priorities straight first?

This is why my sig kicks ass.

www.reuters.com...

[edit on 11/26/2009 by eldard]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
haha see this is what happens when the people truly have no idea whats going on. they protect their egos and try to pretend. people see people pretending like they no whats going on, so they follow because thats what our egos do. Learn from the more social acceptable, in this case, Politicians

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Interestig article...thei confused, i think, because americans LOVE to spend spend spend..buy things they dont need, on a seemingly constant flow. SInce last year, they got a real life taste of how rigged and corrupted the dow jones and market really is along with political scandals...i think its people wannaconserve, but they are so use to having to spend to make themselves feel good*

top topics

join