It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery of disappearing al-Qaida soldiers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2003 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Roughly 1,500 of bin Laden's men are reported still holding out outside Konduz. A similar number is unaccounted for. However, mixed among these eager students were several hundred Pakistani army officers and soldiers in civilian dress, as well as some 120 Pakistani Inter-Services Intelligence, ISI service agents, representing Pakistan's secret intelligence and logistical support for the Taliban.

Correspondents who entered Konduz with the Northern Alliance quoted local inhabitants as reporting that two nights before the town fell � and immediately after the Pakistani planes flew in � heavy Russian Antonov air transports touched down at Konduz airport and gathered up the al-Qaida "Arabs" � with their weapons.

Military sources, after checking on this lead with army intelligence sources in the Indian subcontinent, present this explanation of the mystery as the most plausible. Those Antonovs were chartered by the Pakistani ISI to lift the al-Qaida contingents together with a few Taliban units out of Konduz in north Afghanistan into north Pakistan.

And that was not the end of the transfer. It is still going on. Sources report that al-Qaida and their Taliban allies are streaming out of Kandahar in the south and crossing east into Pakistan. The two forces have thus far grouped some 4,000 fighting men on the Pakistani side.

According to intelligence sources, the United States hurriedly injected Marines to the south Monday in direct response to the enemy's redeployment. That, too, is why the first U.S. troop engagement was with a Taliban convoy approaching the Pakistani frontier. For the U.S. Marines' immediate objective is not to join the Northern Alliance offensive for the capture of Mullah Omar's bastion of Kandahar, but to block off the continuing passage of Taliban and al-Qaida units across the highly porous frontier.

Other al-Qaida fighters are thought to have taken advantage of the turmoil and confusion of battle to creep away to the Hindu Kush Mountains. There is no evidence of this happening, but it accords with their commanders' original plan; if it came to be, the suicide battle in Mazar-al-Sharif prison will not the last to be staged in Afghanistan.

Link - www.wnd.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2003 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Its obivious that they'll regrouping for a bigger attack on U.S. and its' allies.

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 03:22 AM
link   
The whole operation in Afghanistan is a total farce. First of all, it is well known that these people in Afghanistan are our Central Intelligence Agency trainees called the "Soliders of God". Really they were just ANOTHER group of Cold War pawns. The filtration group or the smokescreen that gave the CIA comfort in these operations was their sidekicks in Pakistan the ISI, as mentioned above in the first post. These two groups, the ISI and the CIA are nothing but drug runners and arms dealers. They have no means or reasons to fight a underground war. They have their own wars going on within the different governments for power grabs. The whole Agency has lost it's purpose. SO THEY SAY. I hear alot of talk about possible reform in the Defense Department and other agencies picked up by the new Homeland Security Department. The fact is that that reformation as already been implimented. It has been going on for years. The simple fact is that that Agency is nothing more than a front for global domination of almost anything. There is an elite within that Agency and they have an Agenda. That Agenda is domination and control. Now back to Afghanistan. The reports I have heard from people in Afghanistan say that there was no resistence from the Taliban or Al-Quida. The civilians report a ghost town where every they lived, whether it be Jalabad, Herat, or Kabal. They say most people we either hiding or running, not fighting. Those that were fighting were very few, and who is to say they were even attacking US troops. Personally I don't think there really was a 1000 man force of Al-Quida units in the mountains during Operation Anaconda, but that's just one man's view. I think that operation and all the other silly stunts were just a show for the world. Not many would care to see for themselves anyway right? So what do we really know? Nothing. It's all speculative. As for prisioners of war, hell some people just don't ever leave that status, you know what I mean? We might still have people alive in Iraq, Lebanon, China, North Korea, and even Cuba. We just can't be sure about things like this. What we can be sure of is that this war is not fighting the terror as long as it ignores the Israel/Palestine Problem. That is only one example and I could give more. I won't though because there is no reason to.

new topics

join