It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Faces

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

Hey...I'm pretty sure I know those guys...aren't they from a metal band or something?

Just out of sheer tomfoolery, here's one of my favourite commercials:

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

Thank you very much for these. I've seen similar pictures before and it's quite an oversight of mine not to include them here.

If you wouldn't mind, I'd be very grateful if you'd add them to my recent thread on Neanderthals - apparently some of their DNA has been found in modern European and Asian people:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks - I could do it myself, but I'd rather you got the 'credit'. (I hope I'm not breaking any rules by asking).

Here's Wilma:

news.nationalgeographic.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/351c3ca5e7b0.jpg[/atsimg]

Artists and scientists created Wilma (shown in a photo released yesterday) using analysis of DNA from 43,000-year-old bones that had been cannibalized. Announced in October 2007, the findings had suggested that at least some Neanderthals would have had red hair, pale skin, and possibly freckles.

Created for an October 2008 National Geographic magazine article, Wilma has a skeleton made from replicas of pelvis and skull bones from Neanderthal females. Copies of male Neanderthal bones—resized to female dimensions—filled in the gaps.

Hi, Johnny. Instant karma

[edit on 29-5-2010 by berenike]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
facinating stuff,i've heard that cleopatra wasn't as pretty as first thought but i always find that hard to believe,only recently has that theory come out.
it's amazing to think these were real people like you & me all that time ago.
as time goes on facial reconstruction will get even better

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Hi Berenike!!

Amazing thread! It is like opening a window to the past.

I do have an objection about Cleopatra though. Compare the reconstruction with her bust, the nose is all wrong. Cleopatra was of Greek origin as were all the members of the Ptolemaic dynasty. The bust carries the trademark Greek nose (slightly curved and a bit prominent), the reconstruction does not so much. Maybe a revision is in order? We don't have her skull, as far as I know, so her bust(s) will have to do, for now.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Maegnas

Hi Maegnas

I tend to agree about Cleopatra. I think the reconstruction makes her look like a Disney Princess

Here is a coin with her profile showing a very hooked nose:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/59e01b2c6cf0.jpg[/atsimg]

I started a thread about her a few days ago - some more of the artefacts from her palace have been in the news.

Hi Rhynouk -

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I do not have any pictures to add, but I just wanted say this is super cool. I love this thread. S&F. It is so neat to look into the faces of those we have read about in history. Cleo was a very pretty girl, some of those guys are not so much. Cool thread thanks for sharring.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by Melissa101]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join