It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oprah and Politics (prediction or madness)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Oprah as president that is more than likely.....
I just mentioned this to my mates and now she has been topic of conversation for the last ten minutes......
eight australians and one believe it or not american...
We all agreed, that Oprah would win an election for president, if she did run for it, look at the statistics in this room alone. And all but one is Australian......

My thoughts on the matter is that, Oprah Winfrey is a very influential person to many, from many races, ages and sex. She has a lot of followers and is loved by people from, not only in America, but all over the world. I am not sure how many countries her show is aired in but i am sure that if the show was not aired in that particular country then at least one percent of the population in that country would surely know who Oprah Winfrey was, but we all probably know that already......

So my conclusion is that Oprah Winfrey if running for Presidency in the future would have a very high chance of becoming the first female black president....

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by PinkDiamond

I had occasion to watch her show for the first time in many, many years. I watched it kind of on a whim because of this thread. I think Oprah is very powerful and influential. I think she might be able to garner more postive change by supporting someone who is already identified as a politician than in running herself.

I also think that she would have to come up through the ranks, so to speak, before gaining national acceptance as a presidential candidate. As I said, I think she's a good person with good intentions. I don't know this, but I'd guess that her stance on foreign policy would take a whole lot of fast-tracking to get up to speed, however she IS very intelligent, and I doubt she could do worse than the past nine years.

I think Oprah would be a good contender for the Senate, but only if she agreed to run under the Democratic ticket -- I don't think she'd make it as an independent or libertarian.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I'd be wary of Oprah gaining any true political power.
Didn't she go to some very secret meeting with other rich and influential people recently that had something to do with population control and other NWO type themes?

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

Isn't that a deliciously conspiratorial rumor! Oprah, a neophyte NWO member.

Well, it could happen, I suppose. I would've guessed that a NWO member -- if they exist -- would be inherently exploitive and manipulative, rather than merely rich. Thanks for the food for thought Flighty

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Thought I wouldn't be so lazy and do a search for the ATS thread I mentioned!
Here it is....

Top Billionaires Secret Meeting...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   
all i have to say on this is that apparently quite a large amount of americans have said that theyd support oprah, were she to run for president, but is she really qualified for this?? doubtless she has contacts put in high places, but i get the feeling that if this did happen, im sure alot of people would rant about america dangerously taking a turn towards their political scene turning into some pathetic entertainment TV show
(like italy, needless to point out berlusconi and his making velini into "minister of equal ooportunities"
equal opportunities??
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES MY BUM!)

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Just thought id add to my thread on Oprah Winfrey's eligibity, looks like she could run for president after all following a Biography released by author Kitty Kelley.

Oprah, the liar, perfect presidential candidate!

Obama Winfrey

[edit on 14/4/2010 by scubagravy]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Wow, that would be crazy! I also really hope she doesn't run, but as I think about it, it is def possible. I can't believe she just released this whole story how she used to be a Prostitute. lol Get the F out of here! Such an attention grabbing sob story, and no way do i believe it for a second. Like, is she serious? lol just cuz you slept your way to the top doesn't mean anyone should feel sorry for you, in fact i would think the opposite, people should be disgusted by her for this.

Anyway, I don't doubt it that she will try to run, # i don't doubt one day Jay-Z will run for office, lol. Such a ridiculous world.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
If she runs and wins, you gotta know I'm going to THAT inauguration! "Now, I want everyone to look under their seats because you've all just won a new car!" Oh yeah, I'll be there.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Oprah running for politics is the height of stupidity. She is a rich eugenicist that promotes the killing of blacks and others because she so concerned for the Earth and her elite status among the so called rich elite billionaire club that she belongs to. Oprah running for a political office would be nothing but a distraction and pulling away of votes from someone who probably needs them more than Oprah.

Just considering that she might consider such a thing, would come from her staff and would have nothing to do with what is good for America. Oprah would be a spoiler and anyone who thinks that Oprah is qualified to be president is brain dead. We already have a brain dead communist puppet clown in office and don't need an ever expanding fat woman running for office pretending she is doing so because she is so much of a patriotic American. Yeah right.

Thanks for the posting.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
President Oprah? GOOD GOD!

That will be the day I leave the United States.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: scubagravy

I forgot a authored this thread in 2009, and with the latest gossip of her wanting to run in 2020.....

hmm, well.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: argentus
reply to post by scubagravy

1. What do you think about this?
I think Oprah will do as she pleases, and I seriously doubt that would be running for political office. I think she means well, and wants to do good for the globe, I just don't think she could take the jabs that come with the job.

2. If she did run, what party do you believe Oprah would part-take?
I believe she would feel inclined to form her own party apart from the standard choices.

3. What would she stand for?
I think she might stand for solid humanitarian, social, and environmental choices, paid for by those that make the most money, unless that money came from Defense.

4. And of course, would you vote for her?
I can't guess. I would have to hear her platform. I've always felt somewhat warmer toward politicials that already have their own money. Certainly Oprah is an excellent businessperson -- a mindset that is definately needed now more than ever in the U.S.

She would be running in the U.S., right? Okayfine. Just checking.

What say now my friend.....7 years later ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join