It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police making arrests 'just to gather DNA samples'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Hey everyone, check this out, apparently the police in the UK are arresting people just so they can take DNA samples..
WHAT!!
Police officers in England and Wales have made arrests just to get people on to the DNA database, a retired police superintendent has claimed.

There are now about five million profiles on the national DNA database, a rise of 40% in two years.

The retired police superintendent, who is quoted but not named in a HGC report entitled Nothing to Hide, Nothing to Fear?, wrote to the advisory body expressing concerns that the way in which people were arrested appeared to have changed.

He wrote: "It is now the norm to arrest offenders for everything if there is a power to do so.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Surely they cant do this? Can they?

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

This topic was just being debated on the Jeremy Vine show.

Looks like even if the cops know you haven't committed a crime and you reuse to gave a DNA sample you are causing an obstruction and liable for arrest.

On woman was swabbed just for attending a police station to pick up her child !

The whole thing stinks to hell of fascism, for gods sake UK there are more imortant things than Xfactor and I'm A Celeb !
Wake up !

We have an election looming but unbelievably still many people can't decide between labour or conservative.

UKIP, BNP The Raving Loony Party, Nothing can be worse than the criminals who are running !

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
It's so bad! And it's going to get worse.

I read in the Metro on the way to work this morning that as much as 3/4 of black men aged 18-35 in Britain are on the DNA database.

3/4 of Britain's young black men are on its huge DNA database

I wrote to my HP Tom Harris about it, but he's a labour blind-following mindless doucheball and i just got a letter spouting loads of crap about how it'll make us safer and allow police forces worldwide to come together to combat international terrorism (barf!
).

No mention of the fact that it's against EU law to keep the DNA of innocent people on file (not that i'm a fan of the EU but it's got benefits like this). But we know fine well this will be the 'trial' in the UK and we shut up and accept it we'll see other countries using us as an example of how good a complete DNA database is and why they should get it.

[edit on 24-11-2009 by Nammu]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Nammu

What next?
Segragate different parts of the community?

Whites here, asians there, black over there!

Remember its for our own safety! To combat international terrorism

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
What makes me laugh is that people think this is fine and will actually work. I am going to get my moneys worth by lambasting all who had this view when it finally becomes blatently obvious. This is to give TPTB the ability to control our every move. Then Im sure I will carted off to jail or worse

It rarely catches anyone and everytime it does it is thrown out like one serious case solved makes the whole thing worth while. People just have no idea what a despotic government can do with this kind of info. Just look at what the germans did with the records from countries they invaded.

new topics

top topics

join