It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shrinking Moon A story of a UFO Sighting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
This is a true story about what got me interested in UFO subjects and all things paranormal. I would love to hear from anyone who has had a similar experience.

I was 12 years old when this occurred so the year was 1981, or maybe Jan of 82 I can't remember if it was before or after Christmas and New Years, but I do think I was on break from school for the holidays.

My Mother and I were taking a ride in the country with a friend of hers, I was in the back seat of his Trans Am. If you've ever been in a Trans-Am back seat, you will understand when I tell you I was cramped in pretty severely so I had my feet in the passenger seat and was looking out the back window.

I started looking at what I thought was the full moon and was noticing that it was very bright and looked larger than normal. To me it was just very beautiful and I didn't think anything was strange about it - Until (dramatic pause)

I realized that what I was looking at was not the moon because it began shrinking in size. The reduction was very slow at first, so much that I thought maybe my eyes were tired and I wasn't seeing things right. I rubbed my eyes, and by the time I looked back up to the object it had shrank a lot more and the speed of the shrinking had increased. At this point I spoke up and had my Mom look for the object. Her friend never saw it because he was driving -(I need to insert at this point that as I looked up in the front to get my Mom's attention I noticed the moon shining in the front window, and it was NOT a full moon that night - only about half a moon) so my Mom turns around and starts leaning back to the back window looking out trying to see it. By this time it had shrank to the size of a bright star, and I'm not sure that my Mom ever saw it. She's not sure either - so I guess she didn't really see it. Just about the time she might have seen it - it vanished completely.

Mom's friend turned the car around and we drove back in the direction of the sighting and pulled off on a side road. We got out of the car and stared up at the sky but saw nothing else of interest. Before long we got back in the car and drove away and that was that.

Well, for me this has always been proof that there is Something and Someone out there that we do not understand at this point. Was it a spiritual encounter? Maybe.. Was it a UFO alien spacecraft? Maybe.. Was it some kind of advanced aircraft of military background? I doubt it since there is nothing of importance from a military standpoint in the area we were in but again - Maybe... To be honest I just don't know what it was, I just know that I definitely saw something that night and it has made me a searcher and seeker ever since.

Many years later I was watching TV and the show "Unsolved Mysteries" told the story of three fishermen who were abducted. Their description of the craft which they encountered gave me chills because it was VERY similar to what I saw. There were differences of course - we did not notice any missing time - I don't think we were abducted - the color of the object never changed. But just the description of the craft in the TV show was almost a verification for me that what I saw was something that others had also encountered and I didn't just imagine this whole thing.

Here is a link with more info about that particular abduction story that was on Unsolved Mysteries.

www.ufoworldnews.com...

This is the only real encounter I think I've ever had, but I would love to see something else. Even if I wasn't able to verify it with a photo or video or whatever. Just to have another personal experience... That is as long as no probing was involved.

I continue to look to the skies.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Edited Title for more description

[edit on 11/23/2009 by sagestranger]

new topics

join