It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill to audit Federal Reserve passed in committee

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Bill to audit Federal Reserve passed in committee

www.examiner.com

For the first time in history, the Federal Reserve Bank may be facing an audit. On Thursday, the House Finance Committee passed a bill (HR 1207) that authorizes the Government Accountability Office (GAO) to conduct a wide-ranging audit of the Fed's secretive deals with foreign central banks and major U.S. financial institutions.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
This is as close as it has ever come. Ron Paul's lifelong dual with the Fed, the latest episode in the historic struggle to remove monetary control from the hands of a private, secretive cartel, is approaching some kind of denouement. The public eye has never been more sharply focussed upon the vertex of the pyramid.

www.examiner.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Fed rage boils over on Capitol Hill CNN, Nov 23

Needless to say, they won't let this pass without a fight and every dirty trick they can muster:

In an attempt to derail the Paul-Grayson proposal, Fed supporters offered their own amendment they said was more reasonable. Backers even pointed to the support of eight “prominent economists” as proof their plan was the one Congress should adopt. But many of those economists have close ties to the Fed, raising the question of their impartiality.

Bill to Audit Federal Reserve Moves Forward AllGov, Nov 22

Also needless to say, we have to look to Russia Today for TV media coverage of this momentous decision and the public sentiment which made it possible.

[edit on 23-11-2009 by EvilAxis]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
That is great news that Ron Paul has actually gained some kind of footing to expose this private bank.

Hopefull if the audit does happen it will be quite telling.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
If the FED goes down on it's knees it won't be the end, they will just move most of their operations to the world bank / IMF.

But that would cause complications, much needed complications.

Ron Paul is literally risking his life for americans yet still people don't like him either because he's a republican or they allowed themselves to be fooled by the msm as they tried to portray him as a nut, as they did with all anti-war candidates.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
It will never happen, the Fed will get to it's supporters first. Only other option is to have a fixed review of their internal dealings, and that's most likely. The Fed could offer anyone chosen to audit them a huge package, considering they can print money. It's too bad they'll never get any honesty on this, and it's too bad the MSM is bought out.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
This is very dangerous for the US dollar and the American people. If they have their backs against the wall, i know something like a false flag attack will occur. Why would they allow the opening of their books and secrets. They have been all powerful since 1913.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
This isn't as simple as people make it. There is no winning this period.

Once the Fed is audited, prepare for a total revolt. It would be revealed as the biggest sham ever.

Or, the Fed will be audited. There will be minor discrepancies disclosed, nothing major. Then, there will be cries that the audit itself was corrupt and designed to result in a positive report. Prepare for revolt.

This is one of those things that while seemingly would be a great win for the American people, has disaster written all over it. No matter what the findings of the audit are there will be people up in arms.

If people are looking for the fuse that lights the way to a collapse of the United States, this very well may be it.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
What i find interesting too, is that i saw ron paul coming around to 911 truth in a small way that he can.

Interesting where this goes, but again amazing it takes russian media to tell us something.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Ron Paul is literally risking his life for americans yet still people don't like him either because he's a republican or they allowed themselves to be fooled by the msm as they tried to portray him as a nut, as they did with all anti-war candidates.

To some degree the msm is to information what the Fed is to money. Both need breaking up and decentralizing and, arguably the current crisis of money and trust make that a real possibility.

The headlined Bill to audit Federal Reserve passed in committee provides a thorough commentary on the situation and is worth reading in full.

Investigative reporter Glen Greenwald:
Our leading media outlets are capable of understanding political debates only by stuffing them into melodramatic, trite and often distracting "right v. left" storylines. While some debates fit comfortably into that framework, many do not. Anger over the Wall Street bailouts, the control by the banking industry of Congress, and the impenetrable secrecy with which the Fed conducts itself resonates across the political spectrum, as the truly bipartisan and trans-ideological vote yesterday reflects. Populist anger over elite-favoring economic policies has long been brewing on both the Right and Left (and in between), but neither political party can capitalize on it because they're both dependent upon and subservient to the same elite interests which benefit from those policies.

No surprise that "Barney Frank, after initially expressing support for Paul's bill, did an about face and backed the Watt amendment."

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
Once the Fed is audited, prepare for a total revolt. It would be revealed as the biggest sham ever.

Or, the Fed will be audited. There will be minor discrepancies disclosed, nothing major. Then, there will be cries that the audit itself was corrupt and designed to result in a positive report. Prepare for revolt.

I don't think the sheeple have enough gonads for a revolt.. they will continue to roll over and get fleeced no matter what the outcome.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

There is no winning this period.... If people are looking for the fuse that lights the way to a collapse of the United States, this very well may be it.

What's your proposal? Stick your head in the sand and hope the Fed continues to manage the collapse of the United States in an orderly fashion?

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by expat2368
I don't think the sheeple have enough gonads for a revolt.. they will continue to roll over and get fleeced no matter what the outcome.

Perhaps. But if the Fed is audited, and major discrepancies are found, they won't be able to print the money fast enough.

And if there's one thing that people WILL respond to -- it's government issued checks being late or not at all.

As long as the checks come in, you're absolutely right.

But take away their checks and ability to buy McDonalds -- and even the most brainwashed of sheeple will rise to fight. Big Macs have power you know. Not as much as American Idol though.

Plus, I would imagine that a good number of people will be running to the bank to pull their money out as fast as they can. That alone would start a movement and cause the banks to go under. Then, when Obama puts a halt to withdrawing funds in order to stop the landslide, that will be a problem as well.

I just don't see any good coming from this audit -- other than the immediate reaction of "Ha! We were all right...."

I'm torn about the whole thing frankly. On one hand, I believe it is our inherent right to know where every single penny of every dollar of ours is -- but on the other hand this could easily be the trigger.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvilAxis
What's your proposal? Stick your head in the sand and hope the Fed manages the collapse of the United States in an orderly fashion, just as it has been doing to date?

No of course not. Like I said, I am torn about the whole thing. While I support the effort, I can not help but be rather apprehensive about the outcome.

Don't misunderstand me -- I would be out there fighting with the best of them. It doesn't mean that I am looking forward to it however.

There is, at least in my book, a distinction to be made between the two.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
"Backers even pointed to the support of eight “prominent economists” as proof their plan was the one Congress should adopt. But many of those economists have close ties to the Fed, raising the question of their impartiality."

Are these the same economists (thieves) who supported the treasonous bailouts?

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

I'm torn about the whole thing frankly. On one hand, I believe it is our inherent right to know where every single penny of every dollar of ours is -- but on the other hand this could easily be the trigger.

Without wishing to sound apocalyptic, I believe the damage done to the financial well-being of America and beyond by the Fed is so immense that revolt and chaos might be triggered whether there's an audit or not. We can only speculate. But not demanding one in case it proves inflammatory is nihilistic.

Should we face the mortal danger of Dr Paul's knife or the prolonged agony of letting the cancer grow 'till it kills us?

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Ron Paul is literally risking his life for americans

Ron Paul is not just doing this for Americans.

Do you realise the potential hazard the fall of the Fed could have upon the Global economy?

As much as it would eventually, and hopefully, be for the better, there would be many deaths and riots and upsest until the dust settles and new method installed in which fair trade was established.

If the Fed is proven to be as corrupt as everyone believes, then we will all have to learn to pick up the pieces ourselves.

Perhaps once the Fed is gone we might be able to assist with the housing and feeding of many of the worlds poor, ill, or otherwise unable.

Waking up to the reality of the damage that the Fed has deliberately caused may be a wake up call many of us are not yet capable of handling...

Unfortunately, we need to be rid of the Fed in order to reveal the ugly truth. Then we can begin to fix the wrongs that have been done and maybe Humanity will find a root for itself to grow in a new way..

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Isn't this bill crippled though? I recall supporters actually hoping it didn't go through so it could go back to the drawing board where it may regain whatever was taken out to get people to even consider going along with it.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Listen to what Barney Frank did

Ron Paul on CNBC Today

Part 1

Part 2

Barney Frank played a double agent, now Ron Paul will vote nay on Barney's bill.

Did you see that?????

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
well here is a link to what is left of H.R.1207
H.R.1207

Unfortunately there is not much left to it, it seems to have been cannibalized as well as giving the FED a bit of time to shuffle their cards around to satisfy an audit. The house of cards will no doubt come tumbling down one day, but not today.

If my memory serves me correctly the original prior to being watered down only gave 180 days to submit the audit to the comptroller after passage, now the Feds will have until the end of 2010, and thats if it passes.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

Better to revolt for the truth than a lie...

And IMO (not many others), it is better to live in the truth than a lie, even if the means may not sound as nice.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join