It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'60 Minutes' exclusive: Scientist's dino findings making waves

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Wow, this really blows my mind... and it's kinda scary at the same time. Then again the whole genetic tampering 'thing' gets my imagination going and then it scares me.

Article / Video

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Hopefully this isn't "old" news by now, anyone else have any thoughts on this? I wouldn't doubt that these experiments have already been done in labs.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

If they ever created a DinoChicken and it escaped the lab and started to devour humans I say good for them.

Poetic Justice.

Now where is that coupon for KFC?

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Solar.Absolution

Hopefully this isn't "old" news by now

Very much so. The dinosaur - bird connection theory is 150 years old.

[edit on 21-11-2009 by LordBucket]

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

If they ever created a DinoChicken and it escaped the lab and started to devour humans I say good for them.

Poetic Justice.

Now where is that coupon for KFC?

Yeah I'd say... I wonder if they have explored any other bird to dinosaur connections? Now we just have to wait for the 'man attacked by mysterious feathered lizard' headlines.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

I meant the article not the theory.
I've heard the dinosaur to bird evolution theory in grade school, never the less the reaction that I perceived from the scientist being interviewed when asked if these creatures can be created he had no doubt and kind of looked up and away from the interviewer which signaled to me deception (IMHO they have already created these in labs).

[edit on 21-11-2009 by Solar.Absolution]

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Red herring or real ancestor?
There's a highly controversial fossil in the bird ancestry story. Protoavis is known from a handful of bony fragments collected from 200 million-year-old rocks in Texas. At this time the dinosaurs were just getting started and it's 50 million years before Archaeopteryx. Protoavis does have some bird-like features, but nothing that an early theropod dinosaur shouldn't have. Further, there seems to be a strong possibility that the fossils described as a single skeleton may actually belong to two or more individuals and possibly two or more species! The material is too fragmentary and ambiguous to work with so, until better material is found, most palaeontologists have set Protoavis aside.

Dinosaurs to birds?

From The Sunday Times December 5, 2004 Chicken genes help crack the dinosaur code

SCIENTISTS have gained their best idea yet of the genetic code of dinosaurs after drawing up the first complete genome for a chicken — thought to be one of their direct descendants.

The results of a four-year, £10m-plus project to crack the genetic code of chickens will be released this week, along with a full analysis of their evolution and ancestry.

Chicken genes help crack the dinosaur code

Me thinks I may be a little right...they have been doing this for almost a decade.

[edit on 21-11-2009 by Solar.Absolution]

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
HA!

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Slay the coupon is prolly right under your Foghorn Leghorn DVD. That's where I keep mine.

Fast foward to 5:45 on the timing dial.

join