It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lookout For Suicide Bombers Inside The U.S.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I disagree with your posts probably 99% of the time,

dude gimme a chance Ive only been back 2 days..I claim no political agenda

freedom of speech,right to bear arms....and of coaurse our right to the pursuit of happiness..thats all im worried about..

niether party seems to worried about any of that though

Although, if that was ONE of the factors that the U.S. took into consideration when deciding to go to war, would it change your mind about the legitimacy of the war?

Ya it may have changed my mind.The main reason I am against the war is because I feel our government completly lied to us...And once I get lied to oncce my bull shyt filter goes up and I must be convinced of every action there foreward...and Im still not convinced its worth american lives to fight a war that may or may not have been just...

For me its about principles and ethics 100%

hell maybe we are running extremly low on oil and america was on the brink of utter collapse and we needed to control a certian portion of middle eastern oil in order to survive..And saddam was a currupt basterd so no harm done if by taking out him we saved america...but thats not what happened...That may have been exceptable to me aswell

We were told saddam posed direct threat to america and was helping out osama both lies as far as I have seen..of coarse there is some evidence to support either sides view but like I said...lie to me once and I probably will never believe you again unless you can prove it....and our government has not proven a damn thing except how bad things are messed up over there.

[Edited on 21-5-2004 by McGotti]

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Fair enough McGotti, Fair enough.

My beliefs seem to be very different from yours, at least concerning the war. I feel that those in the U.S. and U.K. governments honestly believed that the Saddam had WMDs and the will to provide them to those who would use them against the U.S. homeland.

But as you yourself said there's plenty of ammo for both sides, so we'll leave that debate for another day...

Thanks for answering my question honestly,

-Cypher

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 06:24 AM
link   
The way i see it is the terorist warnings have a two fold effect
1: They keep the population in fear, the main goal.
(who are the real terorists?).
2: When the terorist acts they warn us about don't happen then it gives the population the false idea that we are being protected, and the only ones able to supply that protection is the government and it's military.

Fear is the easiest of human natures to invoke and a person in a state of fear is easier to control...An organized population is a threat to that control, fear keeps us devided.
Add suspician of anyone on the street that doesn't "look right" (unpatriotic looking wtf does that mean?) to the mix and the population don't know wtf way to turn...
And if all this don't work, well they'll just create a "real" terrorist situation to spice things up...
The creation of fear (terror) in the popualtion is the goal here...

<< 1   >>

join