It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Object over London

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I never make a posts like this, but it was very peculier what i saw.
On the night of the 17th, i was working late and around 8.45ish i popped out the back of my store for a ciggarette and a chat with the missus on the phone.

As i was talking to her, i saw a very faint star sized light (something too small to be a plane) moving across the sky at a very steady speed.
At first i dismissed it as a possible high plane or even a sattelite. What made me think it was neither was the fact it started curving into like a U turn in an anti-clockwise direction and then kept turning which made me realise it wasnt doing a u turn but HUGE circles in the sky, very much like an orbit. It started from around 8 o'clock position (in the circle) and as it got all the way round to 11, the light went from white to red to blue to white rapidly, which at that point was the closest time above me.

Is there anyone else that spotted such an object?

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Well 2 nights ago I saw something zip over me far brighter than the stars, at around that time going west to east (I'm near Southampton)... however, I think it was the ISS so probably not what you saw.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by AlwaysQuestion

Tonight over my home I saw a really large white light moving really slowly just above the clouds, at first I thought it was a helecopter but there was no noise at all. Then the white light got a lot bigger it almost took on a different shape, it began pulsing red lights down just one side of it. Then the white light went out and just the red pulsing ones remained. It was going so slowly that i'm sure a plane couldn't go at that speed without crashing? It took nearly 7 minutes to go out of sight.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I think i can be certain when i say what you saw was infact a plane.

At a distance a plane at low altitude possibly landing or on the landing flight path will look like a very bright star.

Only when it get's close enough for you to hear it will the optical effect change and you will be able to see the light's start to flash.

This is my honest opinion of what you saw and i am by no mean's a skeptic.

Are you close to airport's ?

I live about 20 mile's from Leeds Bradford and i see what i think you saw very often.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

[edit on 19-11-2009 by h3akalee]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by wazthewazzock

Depends where you are in London - but for the last few nights there has been a lot of helicopter activity over RAF Northolt - Chinook, 2 x Apachees that sort of thing - arriving from the east fuelling and departing to the East - around the time you mention?

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I work very close to Canary wharf,
and yeah alot of planes do fly over,
but what caught my eye the most was its change of colour and the big circles/orbits it was doing.

As someone above described it was similar,
staying mostly white and very slowly doing large circles,
and thenfrom white it went red,
it took about 3/4 mins approx for it to do a full circle

top topics

join