It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: I’ll Cause Energy Prices to Skyrocket

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
This is old but I never heard it.
I thought it might be relevant.

In the same interview in which Sen. Barack Obama said that he would cause coal-burning power plants to go bankrupt, he also said that, as president, he would purposefully cause energy prices to “skyrocket.”

“The problem is not technical and the problem is not mastery of the legislative intricacies of Washington,” Obama told the San Fransisco Chronicle about energy. “The problem is, can you get people to say, ‘this is really important,’ and force their representatives to do the right thing? That requires mobilizing a citizenry. That requires them understanding what is at stake. And climate change is a great example,” he said.

“You know, when I was asked earlier about the issue of coal, you know — under my plan of a cap and trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket. Even regardless of what I say about whether coal is good or bad. Because I’m capping greenhouse gases, coal power plants, you know, natural gas, you name it — whatever the plants were, whatever the industry was, they would have to retrofit their operations. That will cost money. They will pass that money on to consumers.”

Words from just about 1 year ago.

[edit on 18-11-2009 by genius/idoit]

[edit on 18-11-2009 by genius/idoit]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

“You know, when I was asked earlier about the issue of coal, you know — under my plan of a cap and trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket.

That statement itself indicates that Obama doesn't understand our economics, the legislative process, and the energy industry. It also indicates Obama has no empathy for the public. If energy prices skyrocket placing a huge burden on the people and especially the poor, that's just the way it will be, no big deal. The environment, the CO2 is what is important, not the needs of the people.

I used to think that way when I was a freshman in college, before I had some practical experience and in depth courses!

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by plumranch

And listen to the wording he uses;

“The problem is, can you get people to say, ‘this is really important,’

What a manipulative SOB.That's him people that's who your dealing with,How can he get you to think a certain way!

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
In the same interview in which Sen. Barack Obama said that he would cause coal-burning power plants to go bankrupt, he also said that, as president, he would purposefully cause energy prices to “skyrocket.”

This, 'least to me is frightening. He simply does not care about the people. Only his agenda and from where I'm sitting it's destroying our country. and this will do that. Thousands upon thousand'll be put outta work. Is this the "change" we can count on?
Okey, follow me for a moment an correct me where I may be wrong. BO said that he would cause coal-burning power plants to go bankrupt, right? Okey, they go out, so who's gonna supply the power to those areas? If a company's bankrupt they can't afford to build a new plants, right? Will other plants take up the slack? On a system that's on shaky ground to start with. Can we count on blackouts/ brownouts?
Or, will the government take control of the power?

top topics

join