It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ultimate American Debt Clock

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
www.usdebtclock.org...

And this is why our economy is so screwed up.

1.3 Trillion dollar deficit, just wow.

It is impossible to pay this off, the only way to fix this is to zero everything and start over. Of coarse that would cause an economic catastrophe like the world has never seen before.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
My dad showed this to me the other day. I was absolutely astonished by this clock. We're in deep trouble.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Bumping this up, more people need to look at this and see why fiscal conservatives will be gaining in popularity this election cycle.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Great post.

All that debt has to mature someday, in bits and pieces, until the breaking point (either repudiation or hyperinflation). When that happens, it will be SHTF. Prepare yourself and your family; it's gonna be a wild ride.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
WOW
Its amazing how much can get done in a year.
Your OP says the debt is 1.3T just a year later its now at 13T. Multiplied by 10!
Interesting to me as well on this debt clock:
GDP 14T
Small business assets 5T
Corporate assets 13T
Prescription drug liability 19T
That's a lot of drugs man!

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Hmmmm ... some very impressive so-called "real time" monetary values being thrown around on that display ... but I would tend to believe that they would be highly inaccurate at the worst and essentially a "guestimate" at the very best.

Sure, from the point of "shock value", these types of displays achieve their goal but unfortunately there is NO way of ascertaining the accuracy of the information being presented or the legitimacy of the data (if any) that is being used to drive the calculations.

To update all the dollar values multiple times per second, extremely accurate and verifiably genuine information and data would have to be continuously input from impeccably reliable sources, processed immediately and then used to update the display.
Somehow I find that such a massive amount of data acquisition and processing most likely is NOT driving the updated values ... most likely there's nothing more impressive than an algorithm being used instead that simply generates approximations and then continuously extrapolates these approximations in "real time" to give the illusion of accuracy.

edit on 22/9/10 by tauristercus because: (no reason given)

top topics

join