It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Excluded from a Thread?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I posted to an interesting thread and a little later I noticed a flood of activity on that thread in MyATS but when I went back to it I got a 404 Not Found Error.

Thinking it may have been relegated to BTS or moved elsewhere, I checked everywhere else and it was no where to be found.

While looking for it, post-404 almost 20 more posts were made to the Thread.

Does this mean I got banned from the Thread to where it still appears in MyATS and on my Profile, but I can't go to it anymore?

Never seen this happen before as I am curious and never got a U2U about it.

(As I've written this thread, 2 more posts have been made to the 404 Not Found thread that I can no longer view.)

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
A few things can cause that to happen. Mainly when the thread gets moved to:

RATS (If you don't have membership)
The Trash Bin
The Complaints forum

But no, you were not banned from the thread specifically.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

I've noticed that before and chalk it up to one of three causes. One deleted, two moved to bts, and three, moved to rts.

I noticed it with a simple thread earlier discussing a movie.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
RTS would make sense as to why it is still continues to be an Active Discussion even though I can no longer view it. I totally forgot about that possibility. Thx.

Although it does seem strange to have things from ATS moved to RTS, whereas it is common to move them to BTS or are removed/deleted altogether (which neither of the latter seemed to be the case initially).

I was just worried that I might have done something patently offensive or unwittingly violated the T.o.S. on ATS. I would positively hate to think that I may have presented less than acceptable decorum to my fellow ATSers.

[edit on 6-11-2009 by fraterormus]

new topics

top topics

join