It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Altering Human Evolution: Extinction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
We are altering Human evolution by creating vaccines that allow the weaker of us to survive when they would normally die.

Are we weakening our future generations by allowing the weaker of us to survive the Swine Flu? Perhaps we are creating our own extinction.

Nothing is going to stop viruses from evolving naturally. Our evolution has kept pace with viruses to know but we are changing that by allowing those who would die to live and create children.

No one wants people to die but they should die if their survival could weaken the human Gene pool enough to cause our extinction.

Have they done studies on this before?

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

If our society was still based physical superiority then I would see your point. But we have come to a point where we realised that people have more to offer than physical traits.

- Just imagine if Stephen Hawking's parents had let him die because he suffered from motor neuron disease. Stephen might not have a lot to offer the gene pool, but he certainly has contributed a great deal to humanity.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
seems you are assuming that vaccines are effective.
we may be damaging the evolution of our species with vaccines, but not by allowing the weak willed to survive...by damaging our dna and corrupting our already malnourished, stressed, disease-ridden bodies.

also, notice that the vast majority of those that get these diseases we vaccinate for HAVE been fully vaccinated and sometimes its even a result of vaccination.

i feel *sort of* bad for laughing when my relatives complain that they got this horrible flu, days after getting the vaccine. irony at its best, but don't tell them that!!!

*edited because GEEZ thats absolutely horrible of me to say*

[edit on 11/1/2009 by double_frick]

join