It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton: We tax everything that moves and doesn’t move

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Great quote from U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton in Pakistan.

The leadership of Al Qaeda is in Pakistan, US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said on Thursday.

“I find it hard to believe that nobody in your government knows where they are and couldn’t get them if they really wanted to,” she added.

“Maybe that’s the case; maybe they’re not gettable. I don’t know... As far as we know, they are in Pakistan,” Clinton told senior Pakistani newspaper editors in Lahore, AFP reported. “The percentage of taxes on GDP (in Pakistan) is among the lowest in the world... We (the United States) tax everything that moves and doesn’t move, and that’s not what we see in Pakistan,” she said.

“You do have 180 million people. Your population is projected to be about 300 million. And I don’t know what you’re going to do with that kind of challenge, unless you start planning right now,” she said.

“If we are going to have a mature partnership where we work together” then “there are issues that not just the United States but others have with your government and with your military security establishment”.

Separately, Clinton also met army chief General Ashfaq Kayani and exchanged views on a host of security-related issues.

Source.

Wonder how her boss feels about this?

[edit on 11/1/09 by Ferris.Bueller.II]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II

We (the United States) tax everything that moves and doesn’t move, and that’s not what we see in Pakistan,” she said.

Source.

This is priceless. An actual leader admitting what they do. This should be the spark that creates the fire inside every American across the country.

I am going to wait, vigilantly, to see if the MSM picks up on this.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
That's probably the most truthful admission from an American politician that I've heard in a while. I'll give her credit for that. Not too much, of course, considering that she also made that idiotic statement about taking things away from people for the 'common good' a year or two ago...whatever the hell that 'common good' is.

The American people should be irate over what politicians of all stripes have done to them and this country over the last 50 years.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by vor78

While you give credit where it seems due, I see an overabundance in confidence in her own feelings of superiority.
She is so sure that we are stupid, what does it matter if half assed attempts at being honest turn out wrong.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Taxes in NY....

30% federal....

12% state....

8.65% sales tax...

Highest insurace rates in the country.... (Car, Home, Health)

Lost my job...

priceless....

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

"We (the United States) tax everything that moves and doesn’t move, and that’s not what we see in Pakistan,” H.R.Clinton

While this gives the appearance of being an original thought, it has, in part,
been stolen from Ronald Reagan.

"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."
-Ronald Reagan (1986)

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Sorry if I've posted this too much here on ATS but it is a favorite of mine to share with others.
I can't tell you who wrote it 'cause I got it out of a news paper a few years back and didnt keep the proper info on who, where and when.

Tax his land,
Tax his wage,
Tax his bed in which he lays.
Tax his tractor,
Tax his mule,
Teach him taxes is the rule.
Tax his cow,
Tax his goat,
Tax his pants,
Tax his coat.

Tax his ties,
Tax his shirts,
Tax his work,
Tax his dirt.

Tax his tobacco,
Tax his drink,
Tax him if he tries to think.

Tax his booze,
Tax his beers,
If he cries,
Tax his tears.

Tax his bills,
Tax his gas,
Tax his notes,
Tax his cash.

Tax him good and let him know
That after taxes, he has no dough.

If he hollers,
Tax him more,
Tax hi m until he's good and sore.

Tax his coffin,
Tax his grave,
Tax the sod in which he lays.
Put these words upon his tomb,
'Taxes drove me to my doom!'

And when he's gone,
We won't relax,
We'll still be after the inheritance TAX!!
Accounts Receivable Tax
Building Permit Tax
CDL License Tax
Cigarette Tax
Corporate Income Tax
Dog License Tax
Federal Income Tax
Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)
Fishing License Tax
Food License Tax
Fuel Perm it Tax
Gasoline Tax
Hunting License Tax
Inheritance Tax
Inventory Tax
IRS Interest Charges (tax on top of tax),
IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax),
Liquor Tax,
Luxury Tax,
Marriage License Tax,
Medicare Tax,
Property Tax,
Real Estate Tax,
Service charge taxes,
Social Security Tax,
Road Usage Tax (Truckers),
Sales Taxes,
Recreational Vehicle Tax,
School Tax,
State Income Tax,
State Unemployment Tax (SUTA),
Telephone Federal Excise Tax,
Telephone Federal Universal Service Fe e Tax,
Telephone Federal, State and Local Su rcharge Tax,
Telephone Minimum Usage Su rcharge Tax,
Telephone Recurring and Non-recurring Charges Tax,
Telephone State and Local Tax,
Telephone Usage Charge Tax,
Utility Tax,
Vehicle License Registration Tax,
Vehicle Sales Tax,
Watercraft Registration Tax,
Well Permit Tax,
Workers Compensation Tax.

STILL THINK THIS IS FUNNY?
Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago,
and our nation was the most prosperous in the world.
We had absolutely no national debt, had the largest middle class
in the world, and Mom stayed home to raise the kids.

What happened? Can you spell 'politicians!'

And I still have to 'press
1' for English.

[edit on 1-11-2009 by azureskys]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
This should come as no shock to people such as conspiracists who have long accused the government of doing these things as a control element against and over the people.

People need to open their eyes to the fact that the government and it's main benefactors the shadow government operate with a degree of logic and pragmatism that leaves no room for human emotion, but simply is all based on how they can logically profit and control.

Many people in the left/right divide trapped into partisan politics either ignore these facts and refuse to believe they mean what they mean or accept these facts as well the right does it so what's the big deal if the left does it too.

Many people trapped in the left/right divide see such admissions and then condemnations as a personal condemnation of them and their support for the political party in power and view any criticism against it as criticism directed at they them selves because they support the party in power when such disclosures are made.

In the end it's not the government that makes this all possible, it's the people who tolerate it from the government for all the wrong foolish reasons.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by azureskys

You are the mother F#in herald as far as I am concerned.
Well put!!
Nickled and dimed to f#ing death!!
And we put up with this s#.
Go figure!!?!!??!

new topics

top topics

join