It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masaru Emoto - How Thought Affects Water/Ice *fascinating*

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Masaru Emoto is a Japanese researcher who has studied water and its properties for many years. He discovered that our thoughts and intentions have a direct, provable, effect on water. He provided evidence that human vibrational energy, thoughts, words, ideas, and music affect the molecular structure of water. The evidence is the geometric shape of the frozen water crystals after thoughts/intentions are directed toward it. Mr. Emoto suggests that water has a memory and that positive messages directed at water before freezing it result in beautiful geometric shapes, while negative messages directed at water before being frozen result in distorted images. Since our bodies are comprised mostly of water, imagine how we could change ourselves and the planet by using these simple techniques. Allegedly, sending positive vibrations toward water before drinking it embues it with healing properties. IMO, this is fascinating, and if true, something that everyone needs to know. Here's a video and a link for further information.

Water Secrets

[edit on 30-10-2009 by gazerstar]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by gazerstar

Emoto's findings are interesting, though he has been criticized for vague methods in his scientific experiments.

Here's what wikipedia says about mr. Emoto and his research:

Commentators have criticized Emoto for insufficient experimental controls, and for not sharing enough details of his approach with the scientific community. In addition, Emoto has been criticized for designing his experiments in ways that leave them open to human error influencing his findings.

Source

Personally I find it intriguing what Emoto's work suggest.

-v

[edit on 30-10-2009 by v01i0]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
As much as I enjoy looking at his findings under a microscope, no other researchers have been able to reproduce his results, leading me to believe he is not totally honest in his methods or they have an ammount of human error which is far too much for lab testing.

The images are beautiful, but it would require a little more research and a little more disclosure of his methods for me to be totally convinced.

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I agree with the above statement of skepticism. This, however, doesn't stop me from writing positive messages on my brita water jug.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Awesome! I've been trying to remember that man's name for a couple weeks now! Apparently there is this other guy named Bill Tiller who does something similar by using 'intentions' to change the PH level of water. I thought it was interesting that the two types of experiments are similar enough to the point and this Japanese man shown to be a fraud that in the most likely case Tiller may also be a fraud. I attempted Tiller's experiment in my house a few days ago and got no results, suggesting to me that these people are frauds who just want to feel special. I think this link can explain many of these so called strange occurrencesLINK.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by v01i0

Emoto's findings are interesting, though he has been criticized for vague methods in his scientific experiments.

Here's what wikipedia says about mr. Emoto and his research:

Commentators have criticized Emoto for insufficient experimental controls, and for not sharing enough details of his approach with the scientific community. In addition, Emoto has been criticized for designing his experiments in ways that leave them open to human error influencing his findings.

Source

Personally I find it intriguing what Emoto's work suggest.

-v

[edit on 30-10-2009 by v01i0]

Thanks for the info. That's interesting. I guess one way to find out if this is true or not is to try to replicate it ourselves. It seems easy enough. Now, I need to find a microscope.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Hi gazerstar

Awesome that you posted this. I love his work with water crystals, I have always believed you resonate what you think and say, for example i do not say the word hate and havent for many years. ( i didnt even want to type it now!)
When I came across Dr Emoto it validated my personal reasons for this conviction, logically as we are 70% or so water our words and thoughts resonate just like this through us.

Nice find and great posting ! I hope many people see it and think twice about their inner and outer dialogue. Goodness knows all the trolling flamers here that bag others here could gain insight into why they might be in cycles of ill worded, ill feeling lives and hopefully change what they think for their own good!

Have the best day

themuse

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
As much as I enjoy looking at his findings under a microscope, no other researchers have been able to reproduce his results,...

This is not true. There are water research centers in switzerland and austria who made the same...

I saw a docu at french/german tv channel "arte". there are several issues at youtube (but mostly in german...)

peace

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I don't care what you say, but this is proof that the mind is stronger than what we were told it was. The mind is strong, use it!

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by The Killah29

This man has already been shown to be a fraud as far as I know. I also suggest reading this link LINK as I think it does an excellent job at explaining why some people, such as yourself, would believe in these kind of thing's. It give's excellent examples and explanations.

The Japanese guy already admitted to basically skewing the results in his favor and that these experiments were not conducted in a scientific manner. The fact that you still regard the results as valid despite what the man himself says is just... amazing.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

Are we supposed to take your word for it? Or care to show us proof of that bold statement? Where did Emoto ever admit to such a thing?

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   

I actually knew about this there is some documentary I think I remember i gues its ''What the *bleep* do we know'' where she's at the subway and there are images about this

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
This seems impossible, but if it can be reproduced objectively... it puts the entire materialistic science on its head.

In 2006 there was a double-blind test of the results:

The hypothesis that water “treated” with intention can affect ice crystals formed from that water was pilot tested under double-blind conditions. A group of approximately 2,000 people in Tokyo focused positive intentions toward water samples located inside an electromagnetically shielded room in California. That group was unaware of similar water samples set aside in a different location as controls. Ice crystals formed from both sets of water samples were blindly identified and photographed by an analyst, and the resulting images were blindly assessed for aesthetic appeal by 100 independent judges. Results indicated that crystals from the treated water were given higher scores for aesthetic appeal than those from the control water (P = .001, one-tailed), lending support to the hypothesis.

Double-Blind Test of the Effects of Distant Intention on Water Crystal Formation

[edit on 30-10-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Rikhart

Someone already posted the wiki link and quoted it earlier. He left out the part where the guy essentially admits the results are fraudulent.

Emoto freely acknowledges that he is not a scientist,[7] and that photographers are instructed to select the most pleasing photographs.

Even one of the websites discussing the 'double blind' experiment show's indications of fraudulent results.

LINK

and the resulting images were blindly assessed for aesthetic appeal by 100 independent judges. Results indicated that crystals from the treated water were given higher scores for aesthetic appeal than those from the control water

In other words, they were only including those that were of the most aesthetic appealing results of the experiment in the same manner that the earlier conducted experiment results were obtained.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

Thanks for posting. That double-blind study just goes to validate the original research in the OP. Real science is about prediction and repetition.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

Is thi stuff true or not?

Does anyone know for a fact one way or the other?

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Our thought do affect water, it gets saved into the water.

Try speaking to the water and then consuming it.

new topics

top topics

join