It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planned permanent Space Colonies under way

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8ea290d807b4.jpg[/atsimg]

A more worthy goal might be: To establish one or more self-sustaining, permanent space colonies, e.g., Mars or planetary moons, including ours.

Along the way we can:

- Explore and exploit solar system's smaller planets, asteroids and comets.

- Look for evidence of life beyond earth.

We should not underestimate the difficulty of even a "simple" Mars mission (especially for a country that agonized over the risk of sending astronauts to a high orbit to repair Hubble).

Here are some steps along the way:

1. Return NASA to the primary goal of space exploration. Take NASA out of the LEO space transportation business and encourage multiple, competitive commercial solutions.

2. Develop key space travel technologies specifically for long duration missions. For example:

- Radiation protection.

- Gravity simulation.

- Closed ecosystem for food, water and air.

- Repairable and maintainable spacecraft systems. On Earth this would be called "Appropriate Technology for Village-Level Sustainability" (If we cannot keep our space station toilets going, how are we going to colonize Mars?).

Now one might ask did we already colonize the far side of the moon? If not, wouldn't colonizing moon be our cheapest yet worthy mission in terms of 'water production and mining etc...? Or perhaps did we already achieve that and are we rushing ahead of our self by blowing the budget out of proportion?

space colonies

[edit on 10/28/2009 by krystalice]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Why dont we just rent out the Alien Moon bases? They are already there and built, we can just have a sleep over. YAY.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
The link is broken.
www.space-travel.com...

Nice Find BTW.

After reading that, I just had a thought.
Would dragging asteroids that contain water/ice to the moon be a viable resource?

Bringing them back to earth would cause a lot of problems, but the low gravity of the moon should pose as much less of an issue.

[edit on 28/10/09 by beta.services]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by beta.services

Thank you for that, I fixed the link now.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
Why dont we just rent out the Alien Moon bases? They are already there and built, we can just have a sleep over. YAY.

Maybe because we lack space negotiations and we feel the right to reserve the moon for the very our self.

Or perhaps ever since Neil Armstrong snapped a wrong picture of one of the alien wifes, we were denied entry ever since.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I don't see the development of anti-gravity listed in the article. That should be step number one.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Larryman
I don't see the development of anti-gravity listed in the article. That should be step number one.

I agree with you there, perhaps anti-gravity devices have already been developed and are classified under black project schemes.

We can scale back to Nicola Teslas inventions, heck even government disclosed 70 year old technology white papers that has existed for decades and independent scientists have proven such theory before actual documents have been disclosed.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by krystalice

I agree with you there, perhaps anti-gravity devices have already been developed and are classified under black project schemes.

We can scale back to Nicola Teslas inventions, heck even government disclosed 70 year old technology white papers that has existed for decades and independent scientists have proven such theory before actual documents have been disclosed.

Then it is time to 'un-classify' the anti-gravity black projects, and get on with using them. And not waste more money on developing another pathetic NASA rocket system - the Aries/Constellation rocket system.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Larryman

True. In comparison USA would sell their FA-18's and F35 to other countries hence with a catch, an under powered radar system.

Even the Australian air force had to scrape the FA-18 radar system and install their own radar system because FA-18 didn't deliver the type of radar system as expected by the buyer. Marketing is great, but when big toys come in action they just don't consist of all the bells and whistles.

So this new rocket that is about to set launch in less than 24H I believe, is just another blunt to make us all believe that it is the most sophisticated piece of junk that it has to offer from a public arsenal.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by krystalice

And, just like the Shuttle before it... it can't even launch in cloudy weather.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   

reply to post by krystalice

And, just like the Shuttle before it... it can't even launch in cloudy weather.

Right. It is ironic that NASA spent millions and millions of tax payers money developing High-temperature reusable surface insulation (HRSI) that can't even be used in rain.

To waterproof the tile dimethylethoxysilane is injected into the tiles by syringe ...

HRSI is used in conjunction with stronger, waterproof materials in the Space Shuttle heatshielding to give a balance of strength and resistance to the high re-entry temperatures experienced in Earth's upper atmosphere.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2467c1681fbb.png[/atsimg]

HSRI

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
What we need is anti-gravity flying saucers, that could launch and fly even through hurricanes. And when the saucers arrive at their colony destination, they serve also as the living shelters.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by beta.services

Now that would be very interesting how one could devise such scenario. I am not even sure if it is remotely by an chance possible as it may have potential parent's planet issues.

That is like dis joining a chromosome from a dead human and placing it into another human.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
This is my universal response to all future missions of doing anything in outerspace or on the moon or on any other worldly entity in the cosmos:

"Good Luck with that."

And I sincerely mean that.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Sorry, didn't read the threads properly. Deleted silly response.

[edit on 29/10/09 by chukka]

[edit on 29/10/09 by chukka]

top topics

join