It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are the leftist activists?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I know that Cindy Sheehan is protesting Obama's policies still (www.cbsnews.com...). She has lost a lot of her following after much of the anti-war movement was co-opted and fooled by the Democrats.

Yet that doesn't explain why there has been a lack of leftist activism during the Obama administration. I'm sure that leftist activism existed under Clinton and Gore... have the contemporary leftists in our country just been put in a spell and have been caught up by all the propaganda so they won't participate in activism?

They keep complaining about right-wing activism. Yet they don't take it upon themselves to continue the activism that they are traditionally known to do. Contemporary leftists usually take pride with themselves to do protest marches and then cringe whenever the right calls their dissent unpatriotic. Yet now they seem to have given up... or at least temporarily stalled- have they just given into the authority structure? I've been wondering about this for a while.

I mean seriously... Obama can't be that good (that kind of good) can he? I mean he single-handedly shut down the dissident voices with most of the contemporary leftist movements... what the heck is going on and why aren't these people outraged over his policies?

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Busy fighting the Rightist activists

IMO

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

If they were that concerned about the right activists gaining momentum wouldn't they decide that they should be consistent and continue the activism under the Obama administration? I see no reason why they should stop just because we have a new President in power.

Isn't that what all the leftist activists taught us? That the political system here in America is a sham and that we need to be more involved? It's like they're going back on all of what they said about the need to be politically involved by being silent during the obama administration.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
leftist activism...well, there is no activist group called leftist...so which groups are you talking about?

The gay activist group did a massive walk on washington a little bit ago, Environmentalists are still screaming, but also waiting to see whats going to be done.

Since the election season is over, the pro-life people are not barking, therefore the pro-choice people are quiet until the politicians tell the lifers to care again.

Any other groups your concerned with?

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
The true activists are beyond both left and right. During liberal administrations they are called "right-wing." During conservative administrations they are called "left-wing." They remain the essentially the same, while it is TPTB that dance lithely from left to right to amuse, confuse, and bemuse the drooling masses.

[edit on 10/25/09 by silent thunder]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I believe that the activist groups on the left are still very much alive, kicking, and active. However, in the news cycle, the right wing loonies are "the lead" so the left loonies are largely ignored.

top topics

join