It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sebelius Says U.S. Will Donate Part of H1N1 Vaccine Supply to Foreign Nations Before Meeting This Na

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
There you have it folks. Sebelius says that they will donate one out of every ten doses to other countries before fulfilling the needs of this country. They want to spread the love within this vaccine to developing nations. The vaccine is coming out too late anyway.

Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius told CNSNews.com Wednesday that one in 10 doses of the swine-flu vaccine purchased by the U.S. will be donated to other nations before the U.S. demand for the vaccine is filled.

Sebelius also told a Senate committee that vaccine production is well behind demand.

“What we said is once we have 40 million doses (of the vaccine), the donation can start,” Sebelius told CNSNews.com. “There’s an agreement (of) 10 percent donation that 11 nations have made,” she said.

HHS has ordered about 250 million doses of the vaccine, so the donation would begin after the U.S. received just 16 percent of its original order.

When CNSNews.com tried to clarify whether the donation would happen once the delay in production was over and all of the U.S. demand had been met, Sebelius said that was not the case.

I can understand the need to help developing nations but people are already freaking out about this and we already know that the vaccine is late and production is behind. Regular vaccine production has been stunted to increase H1N1 production. This could lead to problems on the streets. Who knows.

All I know is that they are not going to stick me or my family.

cnsnews.com...

[edit on 22-10-2009 by jibeho]

join