It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pirates hijack cargo ship, open fire on another

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   
This is a sign of a people in desperation.

(CNN) - Pirates seized control of a cargo vessel near the Seychelles Thursday, one of two attacks that took place within minutes of each other off the coast of east Africa, according to the European Union Naval Force.

The EU maritime patrol responded to the early morning attack, along with the Seychelles Coast Guard. The crew of the Panama-flagged MV Al Khaliq said two pirates were on board, before communication was cut off. The EU force confirmed that six pirates have boarded the 180-meter long bulk carrier, with two attack skiffs in tow. They hoisted the "mother skiff" onto the vessel with a crane, the EU force said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Source:cnnwire.blogs.cnn.com...

It's clear to me that Somalia does not have a functioning government. If they had any sort of real governance this level of desperation would not occur. That is what these people are doing they have become so desperate they are willing to commit piracy in order to try and take care of themselves.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
What you bring up is a good point. I was thinking the other night what else happened frequently during the last depression(notice that sneaky trick). One of the things that occurred frequently was bank robbery. I did a quick search at the FBI and their statistics are a jumble of info not conducive to easy correlation of data.

I thought, if I could prove the statistics of desperation at that time was reproducing itself in this recession(depression) it would make a good thesis. But after looking at their statistics I would have to build a table in Excel and it was not worth the effort. I HATE INPUTTING DATA INTO EXCEL. I can build the table but the monotony of data entry drives me batty.

I believe the continent of Africa is going back in time and is one of their plans. Desperation is going viral on old planet Earth.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

It could be, there must be a reason that the countries of the world in general largely ignore the African continent. Basically let them destroy themselves, and then afterward go in and collect the bounty.

join