It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Government at Waste

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
It's raining here in my little slice of Oklahoma. It's been raining since about 6:30 last night. I went downstairs to take my last smoke break before leaving work as I am wont to do each night, and lo and behold: A street sweeper was brushing up the road.

A street sweeper

Cleaning roads

During a rainstorm

With running water in the ditches

I ask you, WTF is the point in that? Any dirt or small debris would already be washed into the sewer by the rain and any tar or oil on the road would already be diluted to run off. So me being the optimist that I am, thought cheerily, "Well maybe they're trying to sweep up the leaves that have fallen. So I causally walk over to the road, and gaze upon the curb.

PILES of leaves, swept up in a nice little straight line

Beginning to clog the storm drains.

It's moronic and it goes to ridiculous lengths. I was so exasperated that it got me thinking, if my own little B.F.E. town just wasted hundreds of dollars, How much does the federal government waste? Well I did a quick Google search and guess what I found

Top 10 Examples of Government Waste

Now these stats are from 2005. 2005! BEFORE THE BAILOUTS! Just think of what we're wasting now.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Thanks for the link.
we can't stop them spending, if we don't know what they are spending it on.
another top one is:
Johnstown, PA...Murtha Airport has an average of just 20 passengers a day, but it has received nearly $200 million in federal money over the last 15 years (including $800,000 in stimulus funds), almost all of it because of its powerful namesake, Democratic Representative John Murtha.
The airport has received $200 million in federal funds in the last 15 years. Most of those funds were steered there by Murtha, including more than $25 million for stronger runways to handle heavy military planes, which don't fly there; $8 million for a radar system, which isn't used; and $800,000 in new stimulus funds to repave an alternate runway.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
thats freakin awesome...great way to spend the money that isnt theirs.

Ya know if it was their money, they wouldnt be so wasteful

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I don't know if the USA has to pay for media spots but BO just made a coment about FOX news and its getting huge replay, "at least on FOX"

He says "FOX is nothing more than a radio talk show and has no real news format!"

Sad that we can be at war, among a failing economy and our pres. is hellbent on squaring off with a news outlet.....come on!
I just can't believe some of the stuff I see nowa days.....
Well I guess he's trying to pick a fight he can? win...unlike the other side O da pond!
end of rant....
thought this would fit your topic, its a deffinate waste of our $$
Yes our tax $$ at work
Pres. vs FOX

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Holiday

Oh, I don't know. For some reason, it seems quite appropriate to have a celebrity president, who was basically elected by the media, now engaging in sort of a slap-fight with the one media outlet that is willing to criticize him. I can't think of anything more fitting, to be honest.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Hell, I'm still trying to find out why Healthcare is still the main focus of Congress while Americans continue to lose their job.

Not saying they shouldn't tackle healthcare. IMO, the economy should be priority1.

top topics

join