It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. to Order Steep Pay Cuts at Firms That Got Most Aid

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
You know what floors me? The amount of interest people say they STILL have in Chrysler, Chevrolet and GM vehicles, despite their horrid business practices, their acceptance of taxpayer bailout money and now this - lavish bonuses to their executives when they just BLOODY CAME OUT OF BANKRUPTCY!!! GM executives even tossed around the idea of cutting all Michigan factory jobs and sending the work to China at one point to save money!

Un-FREAKING-believable how soon people forget!

Ford is the only real American car company left standing through all of this. They had the brass to not accept bailout money and they are still around, just by modifying their business practices. My next car or truck won't be from GM or Dodge/Chrysler.

[edit on 22-10-2009 by sos37]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I just wonder how well all of you think the government is going to regulate this thing. They made a mess of regulating it before the bust. Do you think they're going to regulate it any better now? They're all still in the bed with the same bad bedfellows.

I_R

Edited to correct my bad bedfellow spelling.

[edit on 10/22/09 by idle_rocker]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I wonder what the FED is up too? I mean, look, the bailout was last year, a WHOLE TEAR later, and all the sudden obama cares, after an entire year? These same scumbag businesses havnt really done anyting altely, to makes news to anger us all....so its kinda got me guessing n thinknig, whats really going on? I mean, jsut seesm to me, hruting the executives pay, is gunna hurt the economy more, as well as wallstreet....it was all built on greed, and took greed to runit properly* Now that the greed is being held down...what might happen is what im guessing>

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

I don't think reducing the pay of a few executives is going to bring down the economy. What they DID almost brought down the economy, and that's why the enormous bailouts became necessary.

IMO there need to be regulations to control greed on Wall Street.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join