It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Good Club - A Meeting of Billionaires

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I'm not sure if anyone on ATS picked this up. Back in May some of the wealthiest people in the United States secretly met in New York to discuss overpopulation. Attendees included Warren Buffet, Bill Gates, and David Rockefeller.

The existence of the Good Club has struck many as a two-edged sword. On one hand, they represent a new golden age of philanthropy, harking back to the early 20th century when the likes of Rockefeller, Vanderbilt and Carnegie became famous for their good works. Yet the reach and power of the Good Club are truly new. Its members control vast wealth - and with that wealth comes huge power that could reshape nations according to their will. Few doubt the good intentions of Gates and Winfrey and their kind. They have already improved the lives of millions of poor people across the developing world. But can the richest people on earth actually save the planet? The President's House of Rockefeller University is on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. The university's private campus, full of lush green trees, lies behind guarded entrances and a metal fence. It overlooks the East River, only a few blocks away from the United Nations.

www.guardian.co.uk...

Not sure what to make of this, its always scary when billionaires decide to get together and have secret talks.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
They will make nice speeches and pat each other on the back.

Then they will decide how to build a world in their image.

What is it they say about good intentions?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I dont see a problem with this. So what the richest men in the world want to have secret meetings to make themselves feel special? What can they actually do. They have money and we the people have numbers. If im wrong please correct me but i dont see what is so scary or bad about this.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by kingoftheworld

They have money and we the people have numbers.

Prepare to be corrected....

They have money. Money in this day and age = power. The power to stop food supplies from reaching mouths. The power to stop fuel from reaching gas stations. The power to stop- well- the power going into your house. They have the power to make all of the 'numbers' naked, cold, hungry, weak, and in the dark without a way to mobilize with a few well placed phone calls.

Here's an easy example: Gates owns MS. If the serfs get uppity, he can basically shut down vast portions of the US (and possibly the world) just by sending out a few commands to the computers running the systems. I've seen Windows be updated on a computer JUST plugged into the wall, minus any actual internet connection- just a phone plug stuck in the phone outlet and the computer. Why else do you think Windblows has more security holes than a moldy swiss cheese...

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat
They have money. Money in this day and age = power. The power to stop food supplies from reaching mouths. The power to stop fuel from reaching gas stations. The power to stop- well- the power going into your house. They have the power to make all of the 'numbers' naked, cold, hungry, weak, and in the dark without a way to mobilize with a few well placed phone calls.

They have all that power because we give it to them. I think they call it 'co-dependency'.

Besides all that though, all the things you speak of, are services, that we, as service users, pay for. Why would 'they' want to bite the hand that feeds them? They like us dumb, greedy and as comfortable as possible. As long as there are new markets to develop and cheap labour and resources for them to exploit in order to keep us that way, everything (for us) will be alright.

Philanthropy, while a wonderful thing, is a way of giving back to those that you are screwing to turn a billion dollar profit. Plus it is immortality. Oh and a tax dodge.

top topics

join