It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Microsoft leaks details of Windows 8 and Windows 9

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by computerwiz32

Microsoft, hand in glove with the hardware manufacturers has to keep the sheeple buying new systems. After win7 where else can they go except to increase the cpu, get users addicted to software that 'requires' 128 and drop billions into advertising why you 'need' it.

Keep the hardware you have, install Ubuntu LINUX or Fedora LINUX and keep on trucking!!! I have an almost brand new win7 laptop running the i3 intel chip 64bit 6 gigs of ram dual boot with Ubuntu Linux and it beats the pants off win7 hands down. Boots completely in under 25 seconds and ready to roll. Runs great on old hardware too!

Best part is LINUX is FREE! No need to open your wallet and insert corporate vacuum hose.

[edit on 3-9-2010 by Emptiness Dancing]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

wow that guy is a crazy nut job!! bluetooth brainwashing!

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by nisei
Why would you still want to use a 32bit OS when memory is so cheap and 32 bit can not access memory beyond 4GB?
That's true but each 32-bit application is only limited to 2GB, not 4GB like the OS, so the 32 bit OSes are even more limited than the 4GB figure suggests because of the application memory limits in 32 bits.

Oh and for applications and 64bit yes there are only a few 64bit applications out there today, but I have not had one problem with any of the ones I am running.
Well you just answered your own question about why there's been so little motivation for a mass transition over to 64 bit OSes, there have been precious few true 64 bit apps that will yield any real benefit for switching.

But yeah, if you get a new PC you should really be asking for 64 bit to be installed on it so you're ready for the 64 bit applications when they come out, which they are finally doing in greater numbers, but there's still a long way to go.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join