It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who will be the 1st EU President/Foriegn Minister?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I believe it was the treaty of Nice about the rules of asylum seekers. They are not allowed to "shop" from one EU country to another. So the UK has the right to put them back to the first country of entry[into the EU]. We shouldnt reconsider the free traffic of EU citizens, trade/goods etc. Its about the outer borters of the EU which needs to be secured, Italy and such and really they have their hands full of it..France has the same problems, just like any other country, but they are more active in protecting and defending the republic especially concerning laicite.[seperation of Church and State]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn[/url]

Uh huh....................Okay............................are you just jumping on Stu and my bandwagon, or do ya REALLY mean what you say?

If there was a party who'd decided that enough is enough, would you vote for them?

If there was a party that would take us out of the EU and their deluded visions of grandeur, or renegotiate a better deal for GB (UK Ltd), would you vote for them?

If there was a party who would withdraw our beleagured armed forces from propping up tin pot dictators and fighting other people's illegal wars, would you vote for them?

If there was a party who understood the financial crisis caused by today's swindling bankers & who thought along the lines of financial constraint with rewards going to those who deserved them the most, would you be voting for them?

If there was a party who said GB (UK Ltd) is full to bursting point and
"NO!" to any more immigration, would you vote for them?

If there was a party who demanded British jobs for British workers and meant it, and nationalised foreign companies and returned them to the British people, would you vote for them?

If there was a party who would restore the word "English" to official government paperwork and force county and city councilks to do the same, would you vote for them?

If there was a party who demanded the right to fly our national flag from government and council buildings and declare St Geporge's Day to be our national holiday, would you vote for them?

If you can say "YES!" to all of these questions and agree with their sentiments, does this mean you'll vote for the BNP?

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Crocodile Dundee should take a ru at it, after all, if a cowboy named Ronald was able to win the USA at one time, why not an Aussie?

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by fritz

Fritz, the English Democrats can say "Yes" to all those boxes, without the racist undertones that go with the BNP.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason[/url]

IMHO, and having seen their website Stu, they offer nothing new. Just ex Tory & Labour miss-fits, with a smattering of disenfranchised military personnel. (They, [the mil] only join because it is illegal for military & police personnel to join the BNP)

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
As a little Englander I know I do not care one bit who gets the post of big cheese in the EU as long as it is not Blair.. Nor do I think it matters, they'll have already made their minds up who is going to get the post some time ago.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I'm the religious nut that's gonna say it. The coming president of the EU will be the anti-christ and the EU will be the beast superpower of revelation. The EU is the 7th and final revival of the Roman Empire. Can you please correct me if I'm wrong on this? Isn't there a system being used where each permanent member state of the EU shares power for 6 months at a time or am I way off base?

If so, isn't there currently 27 member states with only 10 of them being permanent member states? If this is true, wouldn't Revelation 17 scare the living daylights out of you?

Revelation 17
7 But the angel said to me, “Why did you marvel? I will tell you the mystery of the woman and of the beast that carries her, which has the seven heads and the ten horns.
8 The beast that you saw was, and is not, and will ascend out of the bottomless pit and go to perdition. And those who dwell on the earth will marvel, whose names are not written in the Book of Life from the foundation of the world, when they see the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.
9 “Here is the mind which has wisdom: The seven heads are seven mountains on which the woman sits.
10 There are also seven kings. Five have fallen, one is, and the other has not yet come. And when he comes, he must continue a short time. 11 The beast that was, and is not, is himself also the eighth, and is of the seven, and is going to perdition.
12 “The ten horns which you saw are ten kings who have received no kingdom as yet, but they receive authority for one hour as kings with the beast.
13 These are of one mind, and they will give their power and authority to the beast.
14 These will make war with the Lamb
, and the Lamb will overcome them, for He is Lord of lords and King of kings; and those who are with Him are called, chosen, and faithful.”
15 Then he said to me, “The waters which you saw, where the harlot sits, are peoples, multitudes, nations, and tongues.
16 And the ten horns which you saw on the beast, these will hate the harlot, make her desolate and naked, eat her flesh and burn her with fire. 17 For God has put it into their hearts to fulfill His purpose, to be of one mind, and to give their kingdom to the beast, until the words of God are fulfilled.
18 And the woman whom you saw is that great city which reigns over the kings of the earth.”

I'm just saying. Someone had to post this eventually. And Great Britain, you belong to the lost tribe of Joseph.... more specifically the tribe of Ephraim and your brothers (USA) are Ephraim's brother, Manasseh. The time of Jacob's troubles are upon us.

[edit on 11/2/2009 by Locoman8]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Well! I can chip in here some informations from a "elite" source!

The EU foreign spokesman will be Carl Bildt from Sweden, and this guy is really an NWO shill from the "Trilateral Commission" and with suspect ties to American neocon boards of management! - I think he's still are on the payroll from several "elite" U.S firms and companies.

[edit on 2-11-2009 by Chevalerous]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Apparently the name of the Belgian prime minister, Herman Van Rompuy, is heard more often these days as possible first EU President. He seems to be more or less a consensus figure - none of the 27 EU countries would have a problem putting him in position, according to De Morgen (in Dutch, sorry).

Also, I guess it wouldn't be wise to start off with a German, French or British man/woman on the job, for all three are still too much involved in their mutual powertrip.

I guess being a consensus figure is part of Hermans political path already: he got his prime ministership after his predecessor totally messed up and the country needed someone who everyone could tolerate as the new prime minister

He's a Christian-Democrat who writes Haiku's - and a rather dull, grey, non-charismatic guy ... But hey, I'm glad Blair isn't the one in favour anymore - nor Sarkozy or, God forbid, Berlusconi...

[edit on 2/11/09 by Movhisattva]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Prime Minister of Sweden.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Movhisattva
Apparently the name of the Belgian prime minister, Herman Van Rompuy, is heard more often these days as possible first EU President. He seems to be more or less a consensus figure - none of the 27 EU countries would have a problem putting him in position, according to De Morgen (in Dutch, sorry).

Also, I guess it wouldn't be wise to start off with a German, French or British man/woman on the job, for all three are still too much involved in their mutual powertrip.

I guess being a consensus figure is part of Hermans political path already: he got his prime ministership after his predecessor totally messed up and the country needed someone who everyone could tolerate as the new prime minister

He's a Christian-Democrat who writes Haiku's - and a rather dull, grey, non-charismatic guy ... But hey, I'm glad Blair isn't the one in favour anymore - nor Sarkozy or, God forbid, Berlusconi...

[edit on 2/11/09 by Movhisattva]

Yes it seems he is the man, he has no enemies. They want a low profile character acceptable for everyone.
The most funny thing i heard is that Balkenende wont be it because they held him accountable for the no-vote earlier against the EU constitution haha, this nwo puppet is now accountable for something that was his worst nightmare about the EU[constitution]...Besides the Eastern Europeans thinks he is too anglo-saxon, and they're right if people dont want blair because of the Iraq war, this man joined them without consent of the people.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
It looks like it's going to be Herman Van Rompuy. I don't think Blair will be that gutted as he's probably going after the Pope's job.

The Daily Telegraph can disclose that the Flemish Christian Democrat was an architect of his party’s federalist manifesto which calls for a massive extension of the presence of the EU in town halls, schools and sporting events.

The manifesto says: “Apart from the euro, also other national symbols need to be replaced by European symbols (licence plates, identity cards, presence of more EU flags, one time EU sports events, …).”

Mr Van Rompuy suggested a compromise to placate any anger at the perceived dilution of national pride. The manifesto continued: “In order to preserve unity in diversity a national reference can be preserved (as on the national side of euro coins).”

www.telegraph.co.uk...

en.wikipedia.org...

Van Rompuy shows his hand at Bilderberg Group dinner
www.mediargus.be...

[edit on 17-11-2009 by kindred]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by fritz

Sorry for the belated reply, for some reason not noticed your post till now.

Please don't try to insinuate that I merely jumping on your's and stumason's bandwagon.

I post what I post because I believe what I believe in.
I don't have to, and have absolutely no intention of, justifying or proving my credentials to you or anyone.

I have made my feelings and opinions known many times here on ATS, well before I was aware of your thoughts or opinions.

I suggest a little research on other members before trying to insinuate such a thing.

I am also aware that you probably meant no offence in your post, if so then I suggest you consider how you would reply to such a post before submitting.

Oh, and the answer is yes to all of your questions and I have voted BNP previously despite my dislike of a lot of their policies.
I have absolutely no desire for the BNP to actually be voted in, but I think it would be a good thing if they had representation in Westminster.

I also think the English Democrats have some good points, they just don't seem to publicise themselves very well.

To be perfectly honest with you I think party politics has failed us and the thought of supporting one political party blindly seems quite preposterous to me.

[edit on 17/11/09 by Freeborn]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Does look as though its going to be Rompuy.

But I read somewhere else that it might have been good if Blair got the job because it involves a lot of traveling to other countries and the hope was that at least one of them might have arrested him for war crimes.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toorop
Do you know anything about the European Union?

There is already one leader. His name is José Manuel Durão Barroso, former Portuguese Prime-Minister (left his mandate half-way in 2004 to get this gig, #ing #), and the name of the position is President of the European Comission. He's just recently been re-elected by his Comission peers for another 5 years.

Don't you just love when know it all's make fools of themselves.. like the above. Give yourself a round of applause Toorop

There was actually a presidency before the new position that the Lisbon treaty creates but it was always held by a country and for only 6 months..

Barroso is President of the commission.. which is one pillar of the EU.

The new president is more of a prime minister for the group of commissioners. The position will not be that powerful because the larger EU states do not want it to be and so are vetoing any powerful characters who are eyeing the position.

The position could have had serious potential from the get go but it is becoming apparent that as a bloc, we are not ready for that much of a jump into tighter unity.. The EU will evolve much quicker now though IMO.. I wonder how the next 20 years is going to be laid out.

[edit on 18/11/09 by Dermo]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
the brother of the belgian candidate has just said..live on bbc radio..that the position of EU president is important as it would make whoever is chosen 'the president of a country'...those were his exact words..

the time for denial is over...we have been lied too for too long and now its too late they feel they can be honest...

maybe someone can grab the audio file and make a video..it was on bbc 5live breakfast 19.11.09...

[edit on 19-11-2009 by alienesque]

[edit on 19-11-2009 by alienesque]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join