It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dummies guide to Pakistan-Afghanistan destabilization

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnny2127
Also, you seem to be ignoring Bin Laden claiming responsibility for 9/11 many times.

That's contestable, the videos of him doing so are almost obviously fake, and the only thing I have heard him say about 9/11 was that it was something to the effect that he respected it/supported it.

Everything going on in the Middle East in terms of Western interference is all about natural resources/power hoarding and Israel.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by johnny2127

So a govt doesn't need to be internationally recognized, but a war has to be internationally approved? You liberals make no sense.

Also, you seem to be ignoring Bin Laden claiming responsibility for 9/11 many times.

And when did I say war should be approved internationally?

Wars occur without anyone's recognition, which war has internationally been approved? It will never be internationally approved, because war is inhumane, it is unjust, destructive, and backwards.

Osama Bin Laden saw that Muslims were happy due to the 9/11 attacks, therefore he supported the attacks thinking he will have the backing of Muslims all across the world, but he was wrong .

[edit on 16-3-2010 by oozyism]

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Always have to scratch your head at those that choose to believe those that admittedly kill innocent men, women and children for religious reasons, over those from your own country or from within independent sources. There is a reason this sort of thing is a mental condition.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnny2127
Always have to scratch your head at those that choose to believe those that admittedly kill innocent men, women and children for religious reasons, over those from your own country or from within independent sources. There is a reason this sort of thing is a mental condition.

Wa ha, umm like the atomic bomb I suppose..

Debating is easy, and I have done it with your kind for a long time..

People under desperate cercumstances do crazy things, do you agree? Psychology, religion has nothing to do with it .

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by oozyism

In the long run, Afghanistan, will come out better. Japan, Germany, and South Korea are free countries with powerful economies. Iraq and Afghanistan will follow in their footsteps.

[edit on 13/3/10 by MikeboydUS]

Not that I completely disagree with your post, but the examples you gave are a little thin and I am slow to accept that occupied-Afghanistan is in good shape.

Japan (perhaps referring to post-WWII Japan) has a large economy, it does not necessarily have a strong economy. The war actually reversed a century's worth of gains the nation had experienced. More recently, it has suffered a series of recessions and slipped into depression over the last two decades. It was held at gunpoint into becoming a Westernized nation, and it has yet to develop a strong foothold as a solid capitalist economy (The Lost Decade taught us that). It wasn't until 2005 that the Japanese economy showed true signs of improvement.

Germany (either post-WWII Germany or post-Unification Germany) has struggled since 1989 to develop a truly functional economy. Although GDP eventually rose years after the Unification, unemployment also reached record numbers. It's worst years of growth were 2002, 2003 and 2005, followed by a recession in 2008-2009. Not to mention it is tied to the EU, and no one is claiming that the EU economy is stable.

I don't know too much about South Korea's economy, other than the growth since 1980 has been astonishing and admirable. However, it has been affected by the Asian financial crisis in 1997 and the global economic woes in the last two years.

It is simply too soon to claim any of these countries have powerful economies because so much of the power is built on bubbles and smoke and mirrors (sound familiar?). Perhaps this is an overreaction on my part, and you didn't intend to place this much weight on the phrase "powerful economies". I suppose I'm just sensitive to it given my education in economics and my lack of trust in major financial powers and policy makers in this world.

On that note, I wish the best for Afghanistan and hope the sudden spike in opium production and shipment to the US doesn't marginalize their growth or potential.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join