It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Où sont tous les fans de l'NHL en 2009/10?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Hack28

Yep, it's been tough for us Caps fans.. but compared to the original 6 NHL teams.. we lack the long term heritage.... the long history to draw on..

newbies still..

However, it is starting to look like the upper management has the right people in place in regards to drafting great talent, I think 4 of the younger draftees were represented in the JR Worlds, and the Hershey team has some good talent to be able to bring up when the injury bug hits..

I do wonder about the recent trade, but.. it does give the team a couple of months to gel, which could be very important down the stretch run..

We are currently on a 3 game slide, I blame the west coast road trip and the holidays... hopefully the have sorted it out and will put a whipping on those Habs tonite ...

Good luck with your season.. unless you're playing the Caps

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Thank-you!
Same to you my friend, with so many olympians on your team i hope you dont suffer the post olympic slump like so many did post '06.
Also if we ever become GM's in the Next 2 years, ill give you my entire starting 6 for Backstrom. That mans the ventriliquist with his hand up Ovie.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hack28

Stop mocking meeeeee (german voice from Dude wheres my car)

Why should we mock a team with a worse record than cites that have never even seen snow?

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Oh yes!!(rubs the hands together)
My team is without 2 of their top guys so i think I might not be so lucky this time around.

Sdog are you still up for a rematch next week??

[edit on 6-1-2010 by DrumsRfun]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun

Sdog are you still up for a rematch next week??

Obviously.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
GO LEAFS!!!!

Just thought I would throw that prayer in there for the new year.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

That leafs me totally flabbergasted that you think the Toronto Maple Leaves might have a chance this year.

Sorry my spelling is a bit off today and I forgot how to edit.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

you obviously missed my post on the previous page.

Ohh and just to clear up a little fact that pisses me off when people rip on my team, thought id save some people the time because its coming, its always comes.
The correct pluralization of Leafs is in fact LeafS NOT Leaves. We are not a collector of the suns energies for our tree overlords, in 1927 When Conn Smythe convinced the sellers of the Toronto St. Pats to sell him the team as opposed to some Americans in Philly (who offered more money but patriatism beat money). So when Conn Smythe got his beloved leafs he named them after his WW1 regiment The Maple Leaf Regiment.
Since the Maple Leaf Regiment is the name of an actual regiment and adopted for the Toronto Maple Leafs, the title is a proper noun, therefore the correct pluralization is LEAFS!!!!!!!!
We are not leaves!!!
Stop mocking meeeeee (german voice from Dude wheres my car)

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Hack28

No actually I read your post...its why I poked a bit of fun.
There is supposed to be a little trash talking.

Before I lived here (Ottawa) I lived south of Toronto and the Leaves have always been my favourite until I moved here and switched teams.
If i don't watch Ottawa I watch Toronto games.
Its all in fun and they are one of my teams as well.
Don't take it so seriously its supposed to be fun.If you ever read my posts take note I try very hard not to offend people so don't take it personally...its ok to trash talk mildy.

Allow me to give one on your behalf.
The Captain of the Ottawa Senators is soooo old that he doesn't have his name on his jersey....it says fossil instead.

Apologies for my spelling and editing problem...I think it might be the mindcontrol people.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

hahaha true, us Leaf fans get it so much on the internet my back was up!!

I couldnt imagine being a sens fan, how badly do you wanna hurt Heatley?

Id loveeeee to rip on the Sens but i got this weird thing about only insulting clubs once theyve hit 20 years in the NHL. OHHHHH and doesnt count if it was a return! clock starts over.
also we havent won a cup in 2 and a half more times more years than youve been a franchise (again).
Thats why ive been saying leafs 2012 for years, because knowing our luck the world will end in december and we woulda won it that year.
Now if the world blows up before i get to see a cup in Toronto thats a true tradgedy, not only will i hit the grave with my life unfinished. I wont have anything to come back and haunt.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   

IT's on!!

same deal? you win I wear this...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e56863e95fed.jpg[/atsimg]

I win... you wear this....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a65800f638fc.jpg[/atsimg]

48hours...

cool?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Sounds good lets do it.
I can't wait til gametime!!

My prediction is I am gonna get my butt kicked.
Our team has been playing without a few key players so I think its going to be a struggle.
Kovalev better step it up tonight.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Hack28

Nah I have no issues with what he did.I think he wasn't very comfortable with all the media attention playing in a Canadian hockeytown.No matter how he plays there is alot of pressure as you know I am sure.
When they are playing good,they want them to play better,when they are playing bad they get smeared in the media and sometimes even called names.
I remember some years back in Toronto Curtis Joseph lost and the next day he was called a Siv on the front page of the paper.(Curtis Josiv)

Now he can do whatever he wants and the media doesn't care about anything he does now...I can understand why he wanted out.
Just saying he wanted a trade caused a bunch of name calling and treating him like dirt in the media.

As for Toronto winning a cup....I have been waiting my whole life for it and pray they do it in my lifetime.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by DrumsRfun]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

You DID NOT just go there!!!
Take that Sdog!!!

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Thanks for posting that, Sdog! That was an incredible game and kudos to both teams for putting on quite a show.

I can't wait for the Olympics in Feb because we're gonna see a repeat of the USA taking the Gold!

Canada may have the more talented team but the USA has a blue collar group that's going to shut down all those fancy Canadians!

Maybe we need a different thread about Olympic hockey?

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I didn't think we were gonna have a good game but to get whipped like that is just sad.
:shk:
48 hours starting now.
Thanks for the rematch Jack,I was looking forward to this game for quite awhile.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   

looking good!!

Looks like your goalie was less than stellar las night.. that Backstrom goal from an almost impossible angle should have never been allowed to get by the goaltender :shk:

The GREAT 8 had a nice trash goal in the 3rd though

Go CAPS!!!!

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Ok excuses time.
1.Someone was using a laser pointer on our goalie.
2.This was us testing you and you passed.Yeah we meant to do that!!
3.The sun was in their eyes...if it wasn't sunny then the clouds got in their eyes.
4.Your cointelpro operatives are better paid then mine.
5.They were holding our puppies and kittens hostage til after we lost the game.
6.Every Senator who was on the ice broke a nail and that seriously affected how they played.
7.We were all paying more attention to Mike Fisher's girlfriend then the game.

Here we thought we had our goaltender problem solved.
It seems to be our curse.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Looking spiffy there Drums ...

Might as well keep it till you have to wear the Rangers one ... no point in keeping going back and forth.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join