It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling all spiritually enlightened ones and those who wish to become one

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
This forum is about meditation.

I would like any feedback from those who have meditated or those who wish to know about meditation.

Meditation is the ability to transform your consciousness into a true knowledge of the Self. Meditation is about the subjective awareness of knowledge, and so is a subjective experience. Yoga asanas are beneficial to a point, but the real meaning of Yoga is "union with the divine." Yoga is union with God.

You first need an understanding of what God is, the supreme perfection. This is an idea, that is first learned in the mind. Think of it this way: the supreme creator can have no creator above him. Thus, God can not have a higher God, a mother of God, because that mother would then be God. So in short, the highest creator is the origin of All. Once you understand this essence, which I call the idea of God or the characteristics of God, it is possible to life your mind towards the higher realms of light. In order to access the light, refer to my website sites.google.com... which is essentially about Samadhi. Meditation is the convenient English equivalent, but the real goal of Yoga is Samadhi.

Samadhi is the state of unification by which the Yogi is aware only of his own Soul and not the world. Many people think this is a type of nihilism, but the real definition of nihilism is one who denies the soul, or one who denies that existence exists. However, the yogi knows that all things are known in his mind, and thus the Soul is the only thing that has true existence, not the world. To believe the world is real and your own self is not real is untrue: the world only exists to you because you are aware of it. Nothing can be said of what others think, because you only know what you think, not what some other person thinks. And if another says that the physical world is real, on what basis can they say this? Simply on the basis of their five (lower) senses. They say "i can see it, therefore it's real, I can touch it, taste it," etc. But the higher sixth sense of the mind differentiates which is sight from which is taste, which is touch from which is smell, etc. So the mind is the awareness, the sixth sense is your consciousness. That precedes the five senses, meaning the consciousness is more real than the physical world. Yoga is the art of being conscious of your consciousness, so that you gradually become One with your soul.

At first, you will doubt that this is possible, and you must reason with yourself the possibilities, guide your will up to the top of your head, and transcend into the singular point of awareness within your consciousness.

In truth, there is no such thing as material/immaterial but rather simply spirit or true awareness, Knowledge, which can not be separated from one's Self. Your Self is the essence of everything, just as everyone else's Self is the essence of everything. There is but one Self, which is why the Self is One.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
This may sound weird, but I call in sick to work the day before there are major disasters

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Haha well, to conceptualize god as infinity and to experience it are two vastly different. I would suggest people seek it.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by RjKon

it starts with conceptualization and then leads into samadhi.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by wouldu
This may sound weird, but I call in sick to work the day before there are major disasters

some might call this karma, but there could very well have been disasters on the day you called off as well. So long as the mind is free from all distractions, one transcends the realm of karma and "chance." Chance is nothing more than two things happening at the same time. Coincidence. If you are immune from the fluctuations of the mind, chance no longer exists.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I read your website. Nice work! If you add your meditation techniques, please let me know.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I will be adding to it each day. I apologize that it is so short for now, however I will add more to it about meditation techniques.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
When I go into what some call deep medetation I dont reccommend anyone doing this, I hold my breath for 2 minutes max to slow my heart rate once I feel it almost stop because you will feel it slowing I breath out not in then I take a deep breath of life and begin to think deep EYES CLOSE EARS OFF (ears not acknowledging sound). THe most recent time I have done this was during the 2 solar flares we had that were supposed to be 11 years apart. I was concentrating to see if I can create a (RECEPTOR) BEST WAY TO DESCRIBE IT to absorb this POWERFULL SUN ENERGYfrom say 20,000 miles diectly above me, why laying on my back in a restfull position. Again I dont reccommend anyone try this my way for you almost come close to death and you must to MODIFY YOUR SPIRIT TO BECOME RECEPTIVE OF THIS MATTER I SEEKED TO ABSORB FROM OUR STAR THE SUN. SOunds crazy yes but it gets way deeper, friends

[edit on 10/16/09 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

deep meditation is a kind of death of the physical mentations. However, the spirit beyond is deathless, and that is what allows the body to return to breathing and thinking.

new topics

top topics

join