It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do You think the Gov't and TV Networks would handle this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
If the USA and it's allies were at war with Iran and North Korea(and maybe Russia and China possibly thrown in) and a Nuclear Missile or Missiles were fired at the USA how would it be handled by the media? I don't think the media would say anything,We would just get that civil defense thing pop up on tv telling us where to go and what to do. What are your opinions?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I believe 100% that the government (who control the only ways to detect such an attack) would not say a word as they are silently taken to their underground bunkers by the military to sip wine from their front row seats to the ends of the lives of the people they are sworn to serve and protect. This is only my opinion but the evidence is out there that they have secret bunkers to protect the government in times of disaster. Well what about us? The Russians have massive sites for the protection of the civilian population in many cities (i.e. Moscow Underground Metro to name one among many). With all the money they take from us in taxes and spend on worthless projects or worse yet on "aid" to foreign countries like the billions we are giving to Pakistan, the government should be building massive underground bunkers for each "major" city in America to house the population for a short time during an attack. Why do we spend all this money on other countries when we have needs at home?

LifENcircleS

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by BigDaveJr

If the balloon did go up, I doubt we'd get any warning. Panic in the streets, the government would want as little panic as possible.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I don't think they would tell the media...
their pretty sure they can shoot down an incoming missile... it would only be after places like LA DC NYC disappear would they say "Opps we missed one"!

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

I don't know if they could cover up that,I think at the very least the Civil Defense buzz and screen would show up on the tvs.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by LifENcircleS

Thats actually their SHTF Bunkers that they are preparing for to hide from the coming wave of awareness,

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by LifENcircleS
I believe 100% that the government (who control the only ways to detect such an attack) would not say a word as they are silently taken to their underground bunkers by the military to sip wine from their front row seats to the ends of the lives of the people they are sworn to serve and protect.

LifENcircleS

Five will get you ten that they will be joined by the heads of all of the media who do their bidding anyway and will have known about the attack before anyone else.

I expect that all wars are orchestrated by a single group who financially benefit by a perpetual state of warfare worldwide. The media is an arm of this group so you can bet that anything we get from the media in the way of alerts and instructions won't ultimately be for our own good.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by GoneGrey

I could not agree more! It is obvious that there is someone who is to gain from the perpetual state of warfare we are in and why not it be the MSM? First of all they have something to report on. Who is going to watch the news if all they talk about is the blue skies outside and peace love and happiness among nations? Secondly, the more action on the news=the more people watching= the more advertisers who pay them for airspace=more money for the MSM!
But as for the original question...well it's no question in my mind...There is no way the government will allow the MSM to report this news and the MSM will sit back and listen to them because after all they are like you said only and "ARM" of the government after all...

LifENcircleS

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I know the public would not be warned. The appropriate people would be called, those people having placed their travel bags in their work places, they kiss goodbye to their families hoping it's another drill, and head off to their workplace. When they get there and hand in their cellphone, officers hand them sealed two-man control orders. That's the moment they wished they didn't just have that argument with their wife, ignored their kids, didn't take that vacation. But their training and duties keep them too busy to dwell on that.

new topics

top topics

join