It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

any CGI people out there.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Hi all,
hopefuly someone can respond and help.

I have a new server, i am setting up a script on, and kept getting a server 500 error.

So i put up a simple script, which should run with no problem, and yet... nothing..
same server 500 error...

anyone have any ideas of what the heck i'm missing? I tryed the help desk at the server.. yea that was amm no help... my last responce i got back was.

We look forward to being of service.

Very Truly Yours,
Helpdesk Staff

which would be ok, but beings i cant get anything at all to run, i'm not sure its the script.

My script is located at:
www.backinactionmassage.com...

the whole script is

#!/usr/bin/perl

print "Content-type: text/plain\n\nHet werkt!\n";

thats it, by rights it should print the words to the screen... but i get server 500.

Its uploaded as bianry, permission is set at 755 the hcacess is renamed in case its causing a problem... and yet nothing... the path is correct for perl, i am at a total loss... and obviously my server is not going to be of much help..

reaching for ideas, hoping someone sees something i am missing...
thanks in advance.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I was mislead by the thread title. I thought you were referring to CGI as in a graphic problem.

You're looking for an Apache server administrator or a Pearl programmer. (you obviously know that)

Meanwhile, maybe this will help narrow down your problem. (if you install a Pearl compiler on your own machine, you can take the server out of the equation and maybe figure out where the problem is.)

[edit on 20/10/09 by ConspiracyNut23]

join