It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tommy Lee Jones tells us the true meaning of Flying the American Flag Upside Down

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

In Light of all the Political Madness... I thought I'd share this short clip from a great movie In The Valley of Elah.

Enjoy.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Sorry, that movie clip explained nothing.

Explain plox.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Disclaimer: I'm a theist but not of the Abrahamic faiths. I have minor biblical scholar and scriptural skills. Also I am not a scientific/legal or medical expert in any field. Beware of my Contagious Memes! & watch out that you don't get cut on my Occams razor.All of this is my personal conjecture and should not be considered the absolute or most definitive state of things as they really are. Use this information at your own risk! I accept no liability if your ideology comes crashing down around you with accompanying consequences.

Explanation: S&F!

Personal Disclosure: My pathos is so overwhelmed by the ethos that spoke that logos that I feel I MUST fly MY Australian flag in the same fashion so as to stand with my fellow allies of like mind.

P.S.

Edited for clarity [removed a word] :shk:

[edit on 13-10-2009 by OmegaLogos]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I didn't see the movie.

I can only conclude from the short vid that the character is making a political statement. Is that correct?

If that is correct then it is not an explaination for flying the flag upside down.

He correctly explained the reason is a distress message.

new topics

top topics

join