It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unidentified Plane - Can anyone Identify???

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Yeah, I agree with you. I didn't know the name of the plane when it came into my mind, but it was exactly the same one from thjee picture.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/37825c0c5354.jpg[/atsimg]

It reminds me of this picture.
Please don't flame me for posting this. I just wanted to share what it reminds me of.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by bios
Stealth fighters are not flying anymore - they are retired.
This picture was taken 2 weeks ago in the Smokey mountians.

The military's F-117 fleet may have been decommissioned, but Lockheed Martin still retains five aircraft that were used in the early days of the program for testing.

It is possible that one or more of those early aircraft could still be used for testing purposes (as a testbed for other systems).

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Thats is incorect, Locheed does not 5 F117 test aircraft. Or I should say not flyable ones anyway, All F117s including test articles are stored at TTR. One test article was sadly demolished at palmdale using a backhoe, One of the five is on display at Palmdale with engine and everything topsecret taken off, thats actaully includes scraping the topsecret coating and removing the real windshield that had a TS coating, another one is on display in a museam and the other are in storage with plans to be made ready for display at other museums.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
The DARPA Falcon seems the most logical match to me, I am a newbie to advanced aircraft but having studied all the possible matches the shape looks like the Falcon to me. Kudos to Bios' friend for managing to capture this thing in a snapshot, considering the speed you say it was going it could easily have been missed! Great thread

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
There were five pre-production YF-117A Full-Scale Development airframes. All are accounted for.

YF-117A (780) - Displayed at Nellis AFB, Las Vegas, NV
YF-117A (781) - Displayed at the National Museum of the U.S. Air Force, Dayton, OH
YF-117A (782) - Displayed at Holloman AFB, Alamogordo, NM (painted as 816)
YF-117A (783) - Displayed at Blackbird Airpark, Palmdale, CA
YF-117A (784) - Scrapped

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join