It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The REAL reason we went to war

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I do apologize if this is already posted

It makes perfect sense that the US economy would collapse if we were forced to purchase oil in Euros!

www.aljazeera.com

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
That's al Jazeera, little guy.

[Edited on 5-17-2004 by Xenographer]

VzH

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   

it s not recent indeed.
we discussed of it a long time ago on ATS, just before the invasion of Irak.

The price of oil is extremely high actually.
So, if it was "the reason" for war, it is obviously not a success. No?

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xenographer
That's al Jazeera, you moron.

Haven't you watched the news? Ever?

Yes and welcome to the board!

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by VzH

it s not recent indeed.
we discussed of it a long time ago on ATS, just before the invasion of Irak.

The price of oil is extremely high actually.
So, if it was "the reason" for war, it is obviously not a success. No?

Unless Alan Greenspan and friends are taking advantage of this misleading people thing and jacking the prices up to make more money on top of it???

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   
hang on a sec !

USA $ are intended to be used on USA soil only ofcourse.
read what is written on each banknote.

normaly export of USA $ is illegal because...
all value $ banknotes that go out of USA circuit will
simply be replaced by newly printed banknotes.
but... the danger is if all legal tender $ banknotes
return to the USA this would go beyond the national USA goldreserve in fort knox.

in other words USA bankruptcy !!

terrible but true !

only people who have gold $ coins will not suffer heavy
but everybody with paper $ banknotes....

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   

only people who have gold $ coins will not suffer heavy
but everybody with paper $ banknotes....

invest in gold! it alone is a standard for value in this age of speculation-driven economies.....

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
All wrong, I have a feeling that the real reason we went to war in Iraq now has nothing to do with oil, WMD or even Saddam.

The US is positioning troops in mass in the middle east because of a number of threats or hotspots that could possibly turn ugly.

The ground forces have been very reserved in their use of firepower against most targets. And while the losses are hard to bare at times at less then 800 killed it is less then two weeks of action in Vietnam.

IRAN and Syria both could be potential targets and the US needed in theater troops to have immediate response times in those countries. There could be a new Israel/ Lebenon/ Sini war brewing and with Iran declaring (subversily) nuclear weapons that could spell disaster to the whole region. Israel Nuking, Iran Nuking, Syria launching Chemical attacks against Israel (thanks to Saddam's WMD) etc. Why do you think Libya gave up its WMD's ??????? THINK REAL HARD.

Because if they did then the US would promise them protection in the event that this new Sini War goes down.

I will bet there is some pretty strange cargo going into Iraq right now, out in the desert in preperation for something big. Field stations, mobile launchers, command center support gear, possibly even mobile Laser Anti- ICBM weaponry.

Think about what if the insurgent issue is a diversion to keep people focused on the fighting in the cities. While the army moves material out to the desert.

Think about what if Israel pulling settlers and troops out of Gaza Strip is preperation to use Gaza as a beach head, thinking that Syria might try and land troops there. Allowing IDF to reposition tanks and artillery to the Lebenon border.

I bet there are some heated issues going on right now, that the general public has not been informed of. Causing this potential meltdown in the middle east region.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Robertfenix, my thoughts exactly. Crap is brewing in that area of the country. Serious trouble with nuclear arms is a problem.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
NOGODSINTHEUNIVERSE,

We have not been on the Gold Standard since 1933.

The gold standard effectively came to an end in 1933 when President Franklin D. Roosevelt outlawed private gold ownership (except for the purposes of jewelery). The Bretton Woods System, enacted in 1946 created a system of fixed exchange rates that allowed governments to sell their gold to the United States treasury at the price of $35/ounce. "The Bretton Woods system ended on August 15, 1971, when President Richard Nixon ended trading of gold at the fixed price of $35/ounce. At that point for the first time in history, formal links between the major world currencies and real commodities were severed". The gold standard has not been used in any major economy since that time.

economics.about.com...

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
A little wild topic there Seapeople, but I think I agree with your overall thoughts.

This administration clearly has a "public policy" and an active administration policy that it actually operates on.

I really think there is more brewing over there, then what we are led to believe.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
That's why I invest in silver bullion.
It spiked to over $8 an oz. l2 weeks ago.

Go Silver!!

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I'm considering investing in beef bullion, myself

top topics

join