It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do the Liberals have a problem with the U.S., as a CONQUERER?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
You cannot create false reasons for invasions and commit to imperialist actions and retain that notion in the minds of people. Most of the U.S. constituency, regardless of party lines, wants the U.S. to do only good even when history has shown that it has not during a large percentage of its existence.

Committing to an invasion that was spawned under now obviously false reasons is not something that liberals, especially anti-war liberals, want to be party to.

Heelstone, have you read the papers today?
From the Associated Press:

BAGHDAD, Iraq - A roadside bomb containing deadly sarin nerve agent exploded near a U.S. military convoy, the U.S. military said Monday. It was believed to be the first confirmed discovery of any of the banned weapons that the United States cited in making its case for the Iraq war.

Now, I'm not saying that this is undisputable proof of the WMD's, but it's a bit like seeing crumbs on your child's face after he swears up and down that he didn't eat the cookies.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Dan Rather is the NEWS DIREcTOR, he is not in charge of Sixty Minutes, dufus. He's in charge of the NEWS. Sixty Minutes is entertainment.

Is english your first language? If it's not, I don't want it to seem like I'm making fun of you for not understanding what you write or read. I mean, I only know one language, and at least you're trying. A 'news director' oversees all aspects of a network's news programming. There are many different news directors, each oversees diferent aspects, different programs. You said 'news director', implying someone who oversees all areas of network's news. Google has 'Language Tools' that translate English pages into different languages, and vice versa. It may help in the future.

EDIT: I don't know if you saw it in a movie or something, but 'Dufus' is not a polite word.

[Edited on 17-5-2004 by curme]

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
It's always fun when the latest war movie hits video or theaters: is this a post "Troy" buzz?
American Empire wood in your tidy whiteys?

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Heelstone, have you read the papers today?

BAGHDAD, Iraq - A roadside bomb containing deadly sarin nerve agent exploded near a U.S. military convoy, the U.S. military said Monday. It was believed to be the first confirmed discovery of any of the banned weapons that the United States cited in making its case for the Iraq war.

Now, I'm not saying that this is undisputable proof of the WMD's, but it's a bit like seeing crumbs on your child's face after he swears up and down that he didn't eat the cookies.

Did we find the sarin Rumsfeld sold Saddam? I thought he used it all on the Kurds?

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
"Katie Couric? don't know much, but I heard she's a bitch."

Katie Couric? Wasn't she the one who went nuts when the Supreme Court said, "No, you have to count ALL the votes"? Even to the point of calling it a Liberal vs. Conservative issue?

Nevermind that the mostly LIBERAL Florida Supreme Court said the same exact thing!

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Oh, how cute (and predictable).
I knew someone would take this and turn it back around into an anti-bush/rumsfeld/cheney comment.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme

Is english your first language? If it's not, I don't want it to seem like I'm making fun of you for not understanding what you write or read. I mean, I only know one language, and at least you're trying. A 'news director' oversees all aspects of a network's news programming. There are many different news directors, each oversees diferent aspects, different programs. You said 'news director', implying someone who oversees all areas of network's news. Google has 'Language Tools' that translate English pages into different languages, and vice versa. It may help in the future.

EDIT: I don't know if you saw it in a movie or something, but 'Dufus' is not a polite word.

[Edited on 17-5-2004 by curme]

Dufus is not a polite word, but it describes you to a tee. As I siad before, but you coud not understand because of your third grade education (arguably the roughtes three years of your life!) Dan Rather has NOTHING TO DO with 60 Minutes. Nothing!!!

From the 60 minutes site:

WHO WE ARE

Co-editors and Correspondents:
Mike Wallace
Morley Safer
Ed Bradley
Steve Kroft
Lesley Stahl
Bob Simon
Andy Rooney

Contributing Correspondents:
Christiane Amanpour

Creator and Executive Producer:
Don Hewitt

Executive Editor:
Josh Howard

Senior Producers:
Josh Howard
Esther Kartiganer
Merri Lieberthal

Executive Story Editor
Victoria Gordon

Producers:
Robert Anderson
Richard Bonin
Alden Bourne
Leslie Cockburn
L. Franklin Devine
Deborah Deluca-Sheh
Shari Finkelstein
Michael Gavshon
David Gelber
Rome Hartman
James Kraft
Graham Messick
Deirdre Naphin
Catherine Olian
Harry A. Radliffe II
Michael Radutzky
Steven Reiner
Jeanne Solomon-Langley
Ruth Streeter
Karen Sughrue
Andrew Tkach
Janice Tomlin
Mitch Weitzner

Director:
Arthur Bloom

Do you see Dan Rather there anywhere, mo?

What a maroon.....

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Has gas, steel, rubber, even food, been rationed? You think we're having a hard time, paying two bucks a gallon for gas? Is anyone forcing you to shut off your lights at 10:00 PM?

To listen to the Libs talk about it, this is the worse thing to hit the U.S. since the Great Depression. (That they'll readily point out, happened with a Republican in office.)

Give me a break, they hit us...we hit back...we won...we'll be out by September. Unless, of course, Ben Laden hits us again...Syria's next on the list.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Dan Rather gives speeches to and for the DNC, and he is the NEWS DIRECTOR FOR CBS!!! How the HELL can you say he is unbiased????

Let me break this down for you. You said that Dan Rather is the news director for CBS. As such, he would have control over all of the news on that network, all news programs. I never said he wasn't bias, I said that Corporations control what news we see, by allowing and denying certain news articles to air. What country are you from? You don't have to tell me, just curious.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Homer JayHeelstone, have you read the papers today?

Saddam's Iraq has been conquered for a year now. To think that this little shell was actually part of Saddam's Iraq WMD is stretching things a bit too far. All the chemical agents to create sarin can be bought legally by anybody and mixed together to create it. Though there are some countries with export controls on the agents. Its more likely the insurgency is attempting new methods to kick out the U.S.

[Edited on 17-5-2004 by heelstone]

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   
You know what gets me...

They had a "reliable source" who apparantly led the forced into an underground area where Hussein hid wmd...
Was it a lie?
He was a bodyguard for him...

I guess the paper lied if they are admitting they still haven't found any wmd.

But what about when they categorized sarin gas, mustard gas, and vx nerve agent as wmd, and claimed their was uranium in abandonded warehouses?

What about all the dead kurds that had their photo taken, when Hussein ousted the community with these gases and left dying babies on the streets ect??

And what about the so called traces that can be tracked to Syria?

What the hell is going on? And where is the truth in all this?

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Let me break this down for you. You said that Dan Rather is the news director for CBS. As such, he would have control over all of the news on that network, all news programs. I never said he wasn't bias, I said that Corporations control what news we see, by allowing and denying certain news articles to air. What country are you from? You don't have to tell me, just curious.

What are you, a freakin moron? Does somebody have to hit you in your thick skull with a carp to get shiite through your head? Let me try again.

Dan Rather is the NEWS DIRECTOR. You know, that program that comes on at 6 or 7 at night depending on where you live?

HE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SIXTY MINUTES!!! (smack with a carp)

Did you hear it that time? Can you read? Can you go to the website and see that HE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SIXTY MINUTES!!! (smack with a carp)

Ok, IF you can read, go to this site and look towards the bottom where it says "Who we are". I've posted it above, but you are obviously too much of a crack head to read it there. Try the CBS site directly...

www.cbsnews.com...

Damn, yer a freakin idiot....Morons look at you and say, �Thank God for curme!!!�

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Affirmative Reaction

Damn, yer a freakin idiot....Morons look at you and say, �Thank God for curme!!!�

Hmm. You're just not getting it, and I think were going around in circles. How about you just drop it?

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Wow, it's threads like this that prove I have little to no use for ATS anymore. The board's purely a politics board now and too full of freeper scum like the ones above and certain moderators. I know this is in the mudpit, but the crap spills over into all the other threads.

BTW- Even the administration is saying that sarin gas isn't evidence of Saddams vast stockpile of WMDs....so why are you idiots creaming your pants over it? I'm getting to the point where I can't even stomach being in the same room as a neo con... No, I can't stomach being on the same board...

[Edited on 5/17/2004 by Flinx]

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Hmm. You're just not getting it, and I think were going around in circles. How about you just drop it?

I definatly do get it, because I am capable of reading AND comprehending. You lack only two of those skills...

And you still don't have a clue....

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx
Wow, it's threads like this that prove I have little to no use for ATS anymore. The board's purely a politics board now and too full of freeper scum like the ones above and certain moderators. I know this is in the mudpit, but the crap spills over into all the other threads.

BTW- Even the administration is saying that sarin gas isn't evidence of Saddams vast stockpile of WMDs....so why are you idiots creaming your pants over it? I'm getting to the point where I can't even stomach being in the same room as a neo con... No, I can't stomach being on the same board...
I know Flinx. Its highly annoying. Especially on a conspiracy board where conservatism flies in the face of what conspiracy is about (paradigm changing revelations). However, I do intend to sludge through it on ATS for the foreseeable future.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   
One reason I would give: look at @ Iraq.. We SUCK ASS at it.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone

I know Flinx. Its highly annoying. Especially on a conspiracy board where conservatism flies in the face of what conspiracy is about (paradigm changing revelations). However, I do intend to sludge through it on ATS for the foreseeable future.

Gosh guys, so sorry to rain on your parade. Maybe if you guys could provide a list of the members that are ruining things for you, we could all go somewhere else. A list of topics to avoid would also be nice, with no conservative viewpoints at the top. Maybe we could change "deny ignorance" to "embrace libralism".

The only good conspriracy is a left wing conspiracy.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   

The board's purely a politics board now and too full of freeper scum like the ones above and certain moderators.

[Edited on 5/17/2004 by Flinx]

I've heard this a lot here, complaints that freepers (scum?) are taking over. Why is that? It sounds like you'd rather they went away and leave ATS to you and those that only agree with you? I don't hear the same "wish they'd go away" from freepers. Not all that disagree with you are freepers, either. Many are just plain independent thinkers.

Be fair here... the most anti-republican voice on ATS is a MOD, and you know who I am referring to.

Now it may be frustrating to you that the republicans have gained and held power in the US. This is because the dem's have no message, no plan, and a crummy candidate, not because they are scum; they're not.

Anyway, there's room in the sandbox for all to play. Play nice. Me, I'm gonna have a glass of chocolate milk and listen to Phil Hendrie.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seth Bullock
Maybe we could change "deny ignorance" to "embrace libralism".
Sounds good to me!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join