It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

crashing into the moon for uranium

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   

crashing into the moon for uranium

www.space.com

Uranium exists on the moon, according to new data from a Japanese spacecraft.

The findings are the first conclusive evidence for the presence of the radioactive element in lunar dirt, the researchers said. They announced the discovery recently at the 40th Lunar and Planetary Conference and at the Proceedings of the International Workshop Advances in Cosmic Ray Science.

The revelation suggests that nuclear power plants could be built on the moon, or even that Earth's satellite could serve as a mining source for uranium needed back home.

The Japanese Kaguya spacecraft, which was launch
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
"Kaguya, officially named SELENE ("Selenological and Engineering Explorer"), crashed into the lunar surface at the end of its mission on June 10"

The above quote pretty much says it for me. it's kind of hard to argue with logic backed by an experiment that has already been done. In my opinion saying you are there to validate the presence of water just seems a bit more PC than saying " hey, we don't have enough nukes yet, so we are going to strip mine the moon and make some more."

www.space.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
They are looking in a permenately shadowed crater that is one of the coldest places in the solar system. The tempatures are approaching absolute zero. The materials and equipment needed to operate in such an area don't even exist. Current materials would break apart and shatter like brittle glass.

My point is that we wouldn't be looking for material in order to build bombs in this area if we already know that it exists somewhere that is easier to get to.

No this is not about making nukes.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Water exists on the moo, -found by crashing a probe into it.
uranium may exist on the moon - maybe found by crashing a probe into it.
Aliens may not exist on the moon - not found after several successful attempts to land men on the moon.

The moon is made of cheese by looking at the moon through a telescope and listening to MSM.

Next to happen later this decade, moon to be shattered by NASA and the Russians , the Indians and the Chinese all crashing probes into the moon at the same time whilst looking for GOLD and other precious metals. ( to help further man exploration of the solar system for the better of mankind of course).

new topics

top topics

join