It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What exactly is the "Godhead" as opposed to "God" ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I've seen lots of different definitions of this term over the years and forgotten most of them. Wiki didn't really help me out here. Different sources are full of contraditctions. Is the Godhead the "fundamental core" of God? If so, than how is this different from the rest of God? Other sources say "essence"...again, if so, same question. One online dictionary had: "The divine nature of God as an abstract entity." I'm still trying to wrap my head around that.

And so on. All opinions and speculations welcome.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
The absolute. Highest source. Center of existence..? Something like that. The apex.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
How to understand the Godhead.

You place three mirrors in a triangle. The images in the three mirrors are the images of God, each different. In the middle of the three mirrors, in the center of the triangle, is the invisible God.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Its the god that people invented because God was not enough.

Greed is something that will always be around in many forms.

The people who cannot understand God decided to make a godhead.

There is a lot of irony in the world today.

Strange that people often say "If it floats your boat"

Wonder where that came from as well?

This is of course, one of the godheads.

[edit on 9-10-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
The definition of Godhead varies according to religion. In Christianity, for example, it refers to the Trinity.

To my understanding, the Hindu version is that Godhead refers to the impersonal God, whereas God refers to the personal God (as in, God having a personality). So Godhead would be more like a principal, whereas God would be a Divine Being.

In some faiths, Godhead refers to God-as-It-is, as opposed to God as we perceive It (or Him).

new topics

top topics

join