It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want to work! Now!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
This whole looking for work thing is getting rather old, it's like no one is hiring, anywhere, ever.

I had a job, a "real" job, as a network engineer, I made good money, but then I decided I wanted to go back to university and get a degree in anthropology... yeah, it seemed like a good idea at the time, following your dream and such, that was dumb.

I'm still in school and I just want a crappy job to pay the bills until I get my career rollin' but it ain't happening. My resume is all in order, I put a lot of effort into a cover letter, I feel like I'm doing everything right and yet the phone is quiet.

I've been trying to get a job since March or April, can you believe that? I've handed out over 100 resumes and I think I've been to about 10 interviews, all of which I thought went very well and never heard back.

I don't understand who's getting these jobs over me! Maybe someone has some unorthodoxed method of attracting the attention of an employer they could share? I'm desperate here.

Let this be a lesson to you; to hell with your dreams, follow the money! :bnghd:

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Dude, I know what you're going through. I've been looking for about 3 months. I'm up around 230 applications completed, and I've barely even been contacted. I'm a college graduate, for cryin out loud! And I'm willing to go anywhere for a job!

I am totally sick of this.. Please job Gods! Save US!

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
i feel you dude,here in bulgaria is the same,i get my resume everywhere,i have mad skills,and hardly nobody ever calls me,its either some crappy job to try to exploit me,or a financial piramyd.once i got an email for a clothes store,i missed the interviuw,then i got another email,and i again missed the interviw...mi luck sucks xD...it was probably some scam anyway.
i try to follow my dream all the time,and i always do the wrong things xaxa.
but dont worry your luck will change,as long as you dont accept some crappy job

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SantaClaus
Dude, I know what you're going through. I've been looking for about 3 months. I'm up around 230 applications completed, and I've barely even been contacted. I'm a college graduate, for cryin out loud! And I'm willing to go anywhere for a job!

I am totally sick of this.. Please job Gods! Save US!

I think being a college/university graduate may hurt your chances in some situations (like mine). I only want a half-decent job to pay some bills, like at a grocery store, or in retail, something like that. I'm starting to think they see I have a degree and won't hire me because they figure I'll want too much.

I'm between a rock and a hard place, I could quit anthropology, go back to engineering and begin a career (if I can find a FT job now)... but that seems like so much of a waste now when I'm 3/4 through a BA.

I'd bust my ass 10x harder than any of these high school punks working at the mall

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ZombieOctopus

When you send your cover letter and resume are you also attaching some good reference letters? I work in HR, it makes a big difference.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
It took me 4 months to find the job I have now. I went out every day passing out resumes like propaganda leaflets. I was on line when I was home putting my resume out and filling out online applications. 4 months! Finally I got a break and landed this crap job.

Good luck out there, and thank someone reading Atlas Shrugged for the state of the economy.

top topics

join