It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa To Dive Bomb The Surface of the Moon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
So NASA scientists think the Moon has water in its frosty south pole, but there’s only one way to find out. In true science fashion, we’re going to have to blow some stuff up. In this case, NASA is launching the Lunar Crater Observation and Sensing Satellite (LCROSS) for the specific purpose of dive-bombing the moon.

The kamikaze mission will take place tomorrow, October 9, 2009, just after 4:30 AM Pacific Daylight Time (7:30 AM Eastern Daylight time if my math is right). So a little before the time I’m leaving the house to go to work in the morning, NASA is going to be smashing a satellite into our closest neighbor to check for water. This just goes to show you that all life’s mysteries can be solved by blowing things up!

The plume won’t be visible to the naked eye, unfortunately (which makes the whole thing easier to fake). If you’re going to miss it or don’t own a telescope, you can watch the whole thing on NASA TV. It’ll be coming to you live from the secret underground NASA bunker in Area 51.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
i think iv threded this three times,

Mod Note: You Have An Urgent U2U- Click Here.

[edit on 8/10/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by christophersupertramp
i think iv threded this three times,

That's because this forum is for Intros. You need 20 posts to start a thread in the right forum. Look up in your tool bar. There's a red button that says, "U2u's". That's ptivate communications. Click on it please.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

The Introduction Forum is for introductions… To tell something about you; not to start a thread about a topic. ATS has a twenty post requirement before a new member can start a thread on the myriad of ATS fora… “Intro threads” that are really “topic threads” will be removed.
Mod Note: Please Review, Welcome to ATS, it’s time to introduce yourself

Thread Removed.
Moderator.

Sauron

new topics

top topics

join