It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My boyfriend broke my heart.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Take a little bit of time for yourself, right now. You will be able to see clearer and know better what to do in a little while. Best thoughts to you...

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ROBL240
Generally most guys only want "to talk" because they miss the sex and they know sweet-talking themselves back into a unstable relationship.

Its a sure-fire way of "getting it" for a while until they find a more suitable girl long-term while they at least have some consentual sex in the bedroom and a lot of girls fall for it too easily believing that the guy actually wants to fix things when all they want is their selfish "needs", ex's are ex's for a reason.

A MILLION STARS for that post.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Take what you will from this as it is just my observation and not really tailored specifically.

"Boys become men when a girl does something nice for them. Girls become women when a guy does something bad to them."

Now in neither case does it have to be sex or a soured relationship or other such things of the heart and mind.

On relationships there is one truism that never fails despite how hard it is: "The one that cares the least, controls the relationship."

And, I can only speak for myself on this point. My love is forever. I still love or at the very least have love for anyone that I have truly loved before. Yes I have had relationships in which I did not love them. And have been in a few where they did not love me.

Some say I am the smartest man to ever come out of Preble County because I have never married nor had children. Me, I think I am because I simply never settled for anything less than my own standards. Not to say that I have not come close to marriage a few times. Just in all cases something intervened before it happened.

Best advise, listen to your heart but never ignore your head. It has a way of protecting you when things are over and should be done.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
That sucks, breaking up is never fun. I hope you bounce back soon Raven
Remember this saying, I used this one for one of my last ex-girlfriends, I just replaced the her/she with him/he for this situation:

"I don't miss him, I miss who I thought he was"

When you see the deeper meaning of the above you will be at peace with yourself.

Here is a hug! And know that your friends are here! and that we are here for you... we are just a u2u away.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

Go for a walk, then maybe go for a drive, like to the country, maybe stop in a tavern and shoot some pool or just have a beer or if you're not that type, grab a bite at a restaurant, then do some walking around the are to see what you can see.

The idea being to just do something different than normal and a line in the sand, and a new start. Being in a new area may clear your head because you'll be distracted with things you're unfamiliar with.

At the end of the day or by the next day, you may have a new perspective or feel a little refreshed from the short trip you took...

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
TO the OP: give yourself some space and sleep on it before you make a deicision. You might be too emotionally vulnerable at the moment to make decisions that are good for you. You are probably a lot stronger than what you think in your current mindset. Take part in an activity that makes you happy and will help take your mind off the whole situation: maybe watch a few DVD comedies, or take your pet for a walk to the park...listen to music that inspires you to feel happy and do stuff.

"Change your thoughts and change your world..."

( Seems to work for every person except me )

[edit on 12/10/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Awww raven... do not dwell on it and let it run your life. It is hard. I hope he is not your first? The first is hard second or third hardest... lol well it is never 'easy'...
Getting back together depend on why, what the reason is, think it over for a looong time and if they give you a time limit it is not true love! You need clarity but emotions obscure it!

Every heartbreak just crosses one more person off your list to finding the right one
Take it from me I have been cheated on 100% of relationships. There is always someone else even thought you never stop thinking about your exes.

And never for get this post
reply to post by ROBL240

After all you just went to college correct? Is a breakup anything to do with that?

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
We sort of got back together.

I know it was probably a really bad idea. I'm aware.

But things FEEL better right now, and I hope that they stay this way, and we're just taking it slow with the knowledge that if we're unhappy (/I'm unhappy) that we should end it for good.

*sigh*

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
fine but dont u let him use u just for sex or something...
a good relationship is not about sex O_o so PUNISH him for braking up with you,and dont think second,if u see things not working out,brake him

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
My little BTS sister, you need to try and stop yourself from being so sad
little girl. It sounds like he ruined something really good. You should be so pssd at him for that you never forgive him, when he starts coming around again and he will.
Turn the tables on him first chance you get. If that dosn't work for ya,
send me his address, I promise not to hurt him to bad.:bash:

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Raven, this is the best advice I can give, Analyze your relationship as a WHOLE, does the GOOD out weigh the BAD? if the BAD out ways the GOOD, then drop the relationship all together, sometimes people need some time apart to really get a sense of who they are, centered if you will. and if he took YOUR friends, were they really YOUR friends to begin with? or were they his and you just perceived them as yours because they accepted you, merely because you were with your B/F? I hope this advice help, and I hope you make it through this difficult times, a heart can only be broken if YOU allow it to be, you MUST be strong.... I do hope you and your B/F work things out, but seeing i know neither of you. I cannot judge any further.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join