It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IDM.....IDM?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
IDM. Better known as Intelligent Dance Music.

I know a lot of people do not like the term and well, it does sound a bit elitist. The thing is, the artists that have been attributed IDM do sound, in my opinion, a hell of a lot better that most other charty or genre of electronic artists.

Here are just a few examples of what gets my juices flowing when listening to electronica.

Leftfield - Phat Planet

Leftfield - A Final Hit

Leftfield - Release The Pressure

Underworld - beautiful burnout (Mark Knight remix)

This is awesome!

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I haven't really delved into IDM that much. In fact, I think I've only heard Aphex Twin stuff and Recue. It's a pretty fun genre, though. I dunno how the hell Richard James manages to think up half of the tunes he creates. My favourite work of his is probably Selected Ambient Works 2 and the song "Alberto Balsalm".

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
His other stage name of Polygon Window - Surfing on Sine waves is fantastic. In fact, all the Warp Records Artificial Intellegence series was great.

You're right though, he must use something to expand his mind to come up with the tunes he makes.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Yeah, I liked that album lots. I wish he also made a full album which consisted of material like his Analord works. They were really awesome.

top topics

join