It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Puts Union Strings of Federal Jobs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Story Here

Delivering on President Obama's promise to boost the labor movement, the administration has announced a $35 million federal construction project in New Hampshire that requires union representation for the workers and forces nonunion employees to pay dues and contribute to a union pension fund .

Mr. Obama issued an executive order in the first weeks of his presidency that would make the requirement, known as a "project labor agreement" or PLA, the norm for all government contracts on large-scale construction jobs. The order is under review and a final rule is not expected for months, but that did not stop the Labor Department from rushing to use a PLA to build its new Job Corps Center in Manchester, N.H.

The PLA executive order replaced a Bush administration order that discouraged the use of such agreements

... and the corrupt Chicago way of politics is alive and well in the Obama White House. :shk: FORCES nonunion employees to pay dues and contribute to a union pension fund .

Yep. Pay back the unions who supported him during the election and/or ensure unions support him in 2012. Typical corrupt Chicago politics as usual ... moved to DC.

No hope. No change. No unity. No transparency.

[edit on 10/7/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
You're on fire this morning.

THis is one promise he was determined to keep. 10 workers and one shovel. The efficiencies of labor unions.

I love this last line from the article

In New Hampshire, just 8.7 percent of construction workers are unionized.

Will this force non-union workers into unions against their will?

The circle of corruption continues. All in the name of building a Job Corps Center for the Labor Dept.

I used to work a Summer job for my local county Highway Dept. We were not union but the neighboring county was. We could out work them with one hand tied behind our backs.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

There was a time, over a decade ago, that I had to join a union. During a meeting (it was a political year) they passed out a sheet with names to determine where our "dues" were going to support that year.
I stood up, was recognized, and asked where the republican names were.

I was booed out of the union hall.

Hope and change, indeed!

join