It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientist: Hussein Is 'Grave Danger'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2003 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Former Iraqi nuclear researcher says Baghdad still has hidden stash of chemical and biological weapons

Hussain Al-Shahristani, former chief adviser to the Iraqi Atomic Energy Commission, said he believes Iraq�s nuclear program has been dismantled, but Saddam still has chemical and biological weapons.

He said such weapons are relatively easy to make and that Saddam has "mobile" laboratories that roam the countryside, making it hard for U.N. weapons inspectors to find them.

He said stockpiles of those weapons are also located underground and in tunnels.

�Saddam has mastered his concealment tactics,� Al-Shahristani said in a TV interview in the Philippines. �He has appointed thousands of security officers and trained them well in hiding these weapons."

Despite this, Al-Shahristani said, Saddam does not have the technological capability to use biological or chemical weapons in attacks on other countries -- unless he gives his weapons of mass destruction to terrorist groups who can smuggle them into other nations.

The former scientist was jailed in 1979 for refusing to take part in Saddam's nuclear weapons development program, but he escaped from prison in 1991 during the chaos following the Gulf War.

He now heads the British-based Iraqi Refugee Aid Council.

Link - www.foxnews.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2003 @ 06:16 AM
link   
great post! i agree saddam could give weapons of mass destruction to some terrorist organisations and we all know what that kind of weapons means in such hands.

posted on Feb, 21 2003 @ 03:28 PM
link   
saddam must be stoped !!

posted on Feb, 21 2003 @ 04:15 PM
link   
And to people who say there is no evidence, what are we going to do? What for Saddam to use them?

posted on Feb, 24 2003 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I know a nuclear technician who says her cat is a god.

Scientists: not always correct, or even remotely normal.

arc

posted on Feb, 24 2003 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I think with or without the evidence of chemical and biological weapons, most people outside Iraq and quite a number inside agree saddam is a menace and should be removed.

So why are we about to declare war on the country he leads if the problem is him as an individual?

We tried to get Bin Laden by dropping lots of bombs on Afghahistan - is anyone 100% sure we actually hit him?

I'm not the first person to suggest a crack team go in and assassinate him and his cohorts, or that we arrest him and try him for human rights abuse.

Why this insistance on a war?

join