It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we really making a difference?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
MODS: Please move this to the correct place...if this isn't already at one!

It appears that no matter what anyone says, it is always the wrong thing to say. There has been a lot of threads being flagged for the wrong reasons. Not that being right is wrong, but what we have to say is wrong. We have all disagreed with a lot of things but yet it stays within the compounds of ATS. Flags go up like crazy because we are “RIGHT” but yet, we are wrong…nothing in this world will change until we stand up and make a difference.

It doesn’t matter whether people will agree within ATS, we need to speak out for ourselves and what we believe in. I am getting a bit tired that people are expressing their opinions based on what we read/see on ATS. If we want to make a difference, we need to start by allowing others outside of our community to comprehend and make their own decisions by themselves. No one will ever know what we are talking about if we keep it within; we need to express our feelings outside this beautiful community we live in.

I am at fault by agreeing with a lot of you, and what have I done to make a difference outside this community? Nothing! So, if we want this world to change; we need to start making a difference here on ATS by allowing ourselves to speak up and let others listen to what we have to say.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Well what do you purpose??? A ATS rally point were we can gather members, and protest???

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
NO, I am not saying we should protest instead spread the word around so that little by little people can see what we here on ATS are seeing.

The fact that currently we don't allow that, is the same reason why we feel frustrated about the outside community not being awakened.

If we talk about it outside of here, then we stand a chance of people agreeing with us and back us up!

What I feel it is happening is that a lot of us are scared/afraid that others (including family and friends) will make fun of us, just like we sometimes make fun of others when they claim they have been abducted by aliens!

There's no need for protest, there is a need however of not being afraid or scared of speaking the truth...whether we have prove or not, we need to make it clear that we believe in something.

I am not afraid of saying that I believe in the unknown, whether we call it alien or not it is not up to me to prove. But the fact that there is a phenomena out there that remains unexplainable, no one can't denied!

[edit on 4-10-2009 by TheEnlightenedOne]

[edit on 4-10-2009 by TheEnlightenedOne]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Just to be a bit clear...a whole bunch of us feel "macho's" when we are posting in here because we know no one else that know us is actually reading this except of the ATS community.

However, if anyone outside ATS asks you if you believe in Aliens...I can guarantee that you will say NO....why? Because you don't want to be ridicule about what you believe in!

This is where we should step in and speak what we believe is the truth!

If I am wrong...I hope to die telling the truth!

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Reply to post by TheEnlightenedOne

The problem is what is considered the truth is subjective. Do you agree with every thread that claims to be "the truth" on ATS? I know I don't. Also I would venture a strong guess that at least a large percent coming are little more than talk here to feel like they are a part of something. I would S&F if I could.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TheEnlightenedOne

A quick reply to your post about something I've been thinking lately.

My realization of my beliefs has caught up with me. I almost can't believe that I believe what I do. It makes me feel absolutely crazy to envision the things I think are coming to pass.

Personally I feel enlightened, and will tell anyone that wishes, everything that I think I know about the subject matter. I think the easiest way to explain thi is like going from 2nd to 3rd level of the buddhi, knowing and spreading.

A movie quote to add. "There is a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path."

Good point OP.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Haha I talk about aliens all the time. For someone to think there are 0% of ET life in this whole universe is pretty close minded. I am not afraid to talk about my opinions in any way to the "outside world" its what makes each of us unique. All of us have our own opinions and each person should listen to eachother. I am all for spreading the truth. But the main thing is would spreading the truth lead us anywere? Would anyone really listen?? Remember society today would freak/ or laugh of hearing about the NWO, Aliens, 9/11 being staged by the government (but there has been alot of people believing in it more
) ATS must have alittle impact. Arent we like 1,937 or somthing on quantcast in rank???

join